*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940407-Heroism
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#940407 added August 27, 2018 at 3:10pm
Restrictions: None
Heroism
Prompt: John Green who is the author of The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska says, “In my opinion, actual heroism, like actual love, is a messy, painful, vulnerable business—and I wanted to try to reflect that.”
What is heroism to you and how would you show it through your writing?

----

When human nature rises above itself, in courageous acts that sometimes necessitate sacrifice, that it heroism. Heroism is a matter of choice and not being forced into action due to circumstances, no matter how heroic that action seems.

Most of what I consider heroism are everyday undramatic acts by caring people. Heroism defies fear and accepts the honor of the action without wanting or needing to rise above humanity.

Heroes usually do something other people do not dare do because of the dangers or fears. Heroes do not do things just for themselves. Heroes aren’t afraid to be called fools. Heroes are those who work for peace and the love of humanity without needing to make a name for themselves.

To show true heroism in writing, I think it would be best to take regular everyday characters and give them a love of something, and surely, that love will inspire them to take dynamic, meaningful, and heroic actions.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940407-Heroism