*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940331-Seattle-Encore
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940331 added August 25, 2018 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Seattle Encore

DAY 25 Seattle Take 2


Ladies and Gents, we're sitting in the front of section F3. Ed Sheeran is the artist we're enjoying this evening.

https://www.stubhub.com/ed-sheeran-tickets-ed-sheeran-seattle-centurylink-field-...


But before you get there we're going on a day tour of Mt. Rainier National Park with complimentary hotel pickup from downtown Seattle, SeaTac, or the Tukwila area. Watch an introduction slideshow to the park at the visitor center, and then journey into the natural region to see Christine Falls, Narada Falls, and Mt. Rainier. Experience the beauty of this nationally preserved outdoor area with help from a guide who knows the best ways around the park.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60878-d11451466-Mt_Rainier_...

You must have guessed I was going to get us some fresh air and hiking in. I've lost 40 lbs this year, I'm not putting any of it back on.
         What a perfect place to get out and enjoy fresh air and exercise. Mount Rainier National Park sounds so majestic and regal. Perhaps I am thinking of the Rainiers of Monaco? Huh, Count does rhyme with mount... Anyway, our group ventures outside for a full day of exploration and communing with nature. I forgo my usual flip flops and opt for a pair of hiking boots. Of course, this meant I also had to pull on a pair of socks, something my feet rarely see in the summer. Despite their discomfort, I know this is for their benefit.
         Hiking is a great form of exercise. Basically, it's walking at your own pace with plenty of stops to catch your breath and admire the scenery. No one rushed me. No one shoved me. I was free to meander, to browse, to stare open-mouthed.
         All the greenery was so, so well, green and lush. The trees dwarfed my insignificant stature and stood tall as silent sentries. Granted I stumbled over more than a few stones and tree roots, but I managed to avoid a complete tumble.
         Christine Falls and Narada Falls are breathtaking and noisy. Cascading water has its own roar. Reflecting Lake is aptly named. It resembles a smooth mirror. Yep, I could see with my own wondering eyes that Mt. Rainier is very tall.
         I enjoyed all the photographic possibilities and snapped away indiscriminately. This is why we now have digital options, right?
         Wow, I'll repeat this, wow! I loved this evening's performer, Ed Sheeran. I listen to his music play on radio stations and my grandgiggles don't seem to mind that I sing right along with them. He is one talented young man. I've always found it fascinating that accents disappear when someone sings, and since I'd never heard Ed speak before I did not know he was British. 'Perfect', 'Dive', 'Shape of You', 'Lego House' and 'Photograph' are all wonderful tunes. The girls would've loved this concert.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940331-Seattle-Encore