*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940249-Tubin-Croonin-and-Smorin-in-NC
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940249 added August 23, 2018 at 7:43pm
Restrictions: None
Tubin', Croonin;, and S'morin' in NC

DAY 23, 2018


We're going to see Michael Bolton with Priority Seating which includes: seating in the first two rows of the theatre, a concessions pack and a Michael Bolton CD. Priority seating availability is limited.

http://www.greatmountainmusic.com/eventdetail.asp?t=i&m=8&d=23&y=201...

Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts
1028 Georgia Road
Franklin, NC 28734, USA

I'm needing an outdoor fix, ladies, so we're staying at the Carolina River Ranch.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49146-d12803465-Reviews-Carolina_River...
435 Sam McClure Road, Franklin, NC 28734

I've got us tents along the river. Check out the pictures under the traveler section because that's going to be us. We're going to go tubing on the river in the afternoon before we head for the concert, A beautiful sunny August day. After the concert, we're going to hang around the fire pit and roast marshmallows.
         Well, talk about existing in parallel planes. At the moment, in my actual life, I am camping. It's not roughing it by any means 'cause I'm enjoying a newer RV with all the extras; a fridge, a stove with oven, a microwave, a shower with hot and cold water, a queen-sized bed..... This is an improvement. Years ago, I slept in a cramped tent tangled up in a sleeping bag on the ground. I kinda like this glamping at Carolina River Ranch near Franklin, North Carolina. The comfy-looking bed is nowhere near the floor and the tent is raised up off the ground too. Now, if only there was a maid....
         There was no time to sit in a Muskoka chair and simply idle away the afternoon. Our intrepid group decided to try river rafting, er, I mean tubing. All we had to do was plonk ourselves in / on an inflatable tube / ring and relax. No need to paddle, or kick, the river currents did all the work pulling / pushing us along. Stately green trees waved as we floated languidly. My only suggestion for improvement would be for the camp owners to provide little floating tubes to hold our adult beverages.
         This evening found us at the Smoky Mountain Center Foe the Performing Arts attending a Michael Bolton concert. I easily recognized several of his songs. They received a great deal of radio play in Canada. I warbled along to his hits such as 'How Am I Supposed To Live Without You' and 'When A Man Loves A Woman'.
         Back at the "glamp", we relaxed in those wooden Muskoka chairs all circled 'round a roaring fire. We swapped travel stories with our fellow 'glampers". Apparently, we are the first to not only consider, but execute a concert tour . People seem to talk more freely when flames are crackling and snapping nearby. Oh, the s'mores were delicious and decadent in their stickiness.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940249-Tubin-Croonin-and-Smorin-in-NC