*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940204-Hello-Ohio-and-Def-Leppard
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940204 added August 22, 2018 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Hello Ohio and Def Leppard

DAY 22 Columbus, Ohio


woohoo, we're going to see Def Leppard

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32540744-def-leppard-at-value-city-arena-schot...

Value City Arena, Schottenstein Center
555 Borror Dr.
43210
Columbus, OH, US

We're staying at the Staybridge Suites
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g50226-d12142661-Reviews-Staybridge_Sui...

It's been 50 years since Martin Luther King was assassinated so while we're here

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g50226-d278641-Reviews-Martin_Luth...

And some quiet time at the Chadwick Arboretum before we have the insanity at the Def Leppard Concert.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g50226-d519176-Reviews-Chadwick_Ar...

Hard to believe only 8 days left of our musical insanity. I'm going to miss you. How about a book tour next year?


         Okay, now we're on the other side of the Great Lakes in Columbus, Ohio. We sure do get around. Great, now I'm singin' the Beach Boys classic... Enough already.
         The Martin Luther King Performing and Cultural Arts Complex is an impressive venue. It not only promotes a black history section, it features rotating arts' displays from around the globe. I absorbed a bit of culture here as I feasted my eyes.
         The next stop on our itinerary took us to a serene oasis with a labyrinth, shaded benches, a plethora of green trees and a paved pathway to navigate. The Chadwick Arboretum exudes calm and tranquility, quite a contrast to this evening's entertainment.
         We rocked out to Def Leppard at the Value City Arena. Huh, I now know this rock/heavy metal group originated in 1977 in Sheffield, U.K. Unbelievable, my in-laws hail from nearby. I cannot fathom them as rockers, no not at all.
         This is another group that causes me to wonder re their name choice. The spelling is unique, and does it allude to the animal known as the leopard? I don't suppose they intended to be 'The Leotards"? Why the misspelled deaf part? Or could the "def" be in fact a nod to "definition"? Or does it mean "defiance"? Ah, maybe it's the word "deft" minus the letter "t"? I'll never know.
         Anyway, we rocked out, or is that on? We whistled, (well, I admit I didn't, I still haven't mastered the ol' pursing of these lips), we screamed, we cheered, we hooted ,we hollered. In short, we created noise, but the band's speakers boomed over our fan ruckus. We let loose. The music demands it. We sang along to 'Pour Some Sugar On Me', 'Hysteria', and 'Rock of Ages'.



© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940204-Hello-Ohio-and-Def-Leppard