*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940152-More-Toronto-Lots-Of-Toronto
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940152 added August 21, 2018 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
More Toronto, Lots Of Toronto

DAY 21 Toronto Take 2


I have wanted to go to Toronto since I was a kid. Well,in truth I wanted Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Vancouver Island in that order. I've done Montreal and Quebec. So I'm beside myself.

Rise and shine darlings we're off first to the Music Garden
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d187007-Reviews-Toronto_Mu...

then the Botanical Garden

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d2056324-Reviews-Toronto_B...

yes, we're walking off the calories from last night. Then we're going to hit the waterfront with its specialty shops and small cafes. Golden opportunity to sneak in some people watching.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d10317678-Reviews-Toronto_...


Then we're going to the Amsterdam Brewery, Toss back a couple before hitting the hotel.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d607528-Reviews-The_Amster...


This evening we're going to one of the escape rooms to play.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d10721378-Reviews-Mysterio...

Ending our evening on the circusbus party bus.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d13372540-Reviews-Circusbu...

Ladies it's going to be karaoke night, we're the entertainment so what song are you singing?



         So, Lyn's a Witchy Woman you've always had a hankering to visit certain areas in Canada, eh? You chose some great spots if I say so. I do hope you have the real life opportunity to explore Toronto and Vancouver Island. In October, I plan to return to the west coast. British Columbia is spectacular and well worth a visit.
         What can I write about today except whew and wow. Lyn's a Witchy Woman planned a jam-packed day of non-stop activities. I scarcely had a moment to catch my breath, and senses were spinning. Toronto offers so much to experience. I think I might need a new pair of flip flops.
         The Music Garden offers a tranquil spot along Queen's Quay West to meander and admire beautiful blooms. I must confess the twisting paths confused me, and thus I researched their intention. Apparently, they are meant to encourage people to explore to find music. Ah, so a hunt for the right note?
         At the corner of Lawrence and Leslie, we strolled through yet another serene site known as the Botanical Gardens. By the sheer numbers of other admirers I surmise it's a popular retreat.
         Ah, yes, the Waterfront is a wonderful venue for people watching. Like our group, so many stroll, sip, and snack their measured pace along the water. There were so many different vessels coming and going. I perused the wares of the craft vendors, and laughed at the antics of the buskers.
         I slaked my thirst and regained my strength at the Amsterdam. We sat outside in the glorious sunshine, and toasted our good fortune to be in this city. I sampled a craft beer with the dubious moniker The Boneshaker.
         Feeling somewhat refreshed and optimistic, perhaps even a wee bit tipsy, I sauntered over to an enclosed room at the Mysterious Minds Escape Rooms venue. I must've been feeling chipper 'cause I willingly entered a locked room only to solve puzzles and translate clues to enable my escape.. Surprisingly, my mind was not completely muddled and addled by the beer intake. I suppose it relaxed me somewhat and relieved any worries. I believe we were victorious and escaped our Grand carnival Room before the one-hour deadline. somewhere, there is a photo of our team clutching a victory banner.
         Okay, I have visited Toronto the Teeming many, many times and this is the first time I've caught wind of a party bus excursion. Oh, and it's touted as a CircusBus Party Bus, too. But of course, what better way to complete a pub crawl than to travel in a psychedelic-painted former school bus with a fog machine, laser lights, LED walls, and glowing ceiling art? I confess it was a lark, and not at all what I anticipated. Sure, we partook of alcoholic offerings, and yes, we stumbled and swayed from bar to bar.I know I felt no pain. This is a virtual tour after all, and so there are only virtual consequences.
         As there should be when one is drinking and partying in a converted bus, there was karaoke. We all sing so much better with perfect harmonies when we are less than sober. I love so many tunes, and each one is a given to express the fun and camaraderie I was enjoying. Hmmm, if I had to choose just one tune........ if I belted out one heartfelt song..... it has to be 'We Are Family' 'cause I got all my sisters with me..... wait, I'd probably want to sing some Queen, some Meat Loaf, some Supertramp, and a few others as well. Strangely, booze erases all inhibitions.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940152-More-Toronto-Lots-Of-Toronto