*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940090-Torontoalmost-home-Canada-proud
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940090 added August 20, 2018 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Toronto....almost home... Canada proud

Jumping the border here we come Toronto


We're heading north today Ladies, hope your passport is up to date. Toronto has a population of 2,600,000 making it the biggest city in Ontario. It operates on the EDT time zone. We'll be here until Wednesday and doing lots of fun things together.


https://www.songkick.com/artists/273059-beach-house#biography

Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, Toronto, ON, Canada

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155019-d183090-Reviews-The_Westin_Harb...

I hope you slept on the plane because we're going the Royal Conservatory of Music for three hours this afternoon before we hit the concert.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155019-d2525570-Reviews-Royal_Con...
         What? For a brief time, I am back in my home province. Looking fabulous Toronto! I anticipate that I shall explore you in a new light. I have attended various concerts and events over the years within your teeming boundaries, but this is my first virtual tour. Not such a bad thing either, I save myself a great deal of legwork.
         The Westin Harbour Castle is an impressive looking edifice, and I love its central locale. Primo real estate for people watching and activities of all sorts.
         Okay, visiting the Royal Conservatory of Music is a first for me. It too is an impressive and beautiful building.
         I am familiar with the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts. It's still as massive as I remember. The lobby stretches into infinity, and the hall sports long staircases to climb. Two years ago, my daughters dropped me off out front of this venue, and left me to navigate/avoid several lanes of active vehicle traffic while they sought a parking spot for our car. Ya, I'd just survived yet another knee surgery, and I teetered slightly , precariously upon my flimsy cane. A few of the normally impatient drivers took pity upon me, and stopped their honking progress to permit me to cross the street with an awkward limp., Ah, then I had to climb those endless steps inside. Unfortunately, the security remains ridiculous, but what can I do? It's a necessary gauntlet? At least, I am sans cane today!
         I had no prior knowledge of this evening's performers, Beach House. I came ready to be impressed, and I was, pleasantly so. The female singer, Victoria, possesses a beautiful, powerful voice. Her playing the organ is a unique touch, Her partner, Alex, plays his guitar and accompanies her with the singing. The song titles were diverse, 'Lose Your Smile' 'Lemon Glow', 'Levitation', and 'Myth\ being but a bit of their repertoire. I enjoyed myself even though I did not sing along. Tonight, I listened.
         Ah, Toronto never ceases to delight. To cap off my day, I enjoyed a leisurely stroll along the waterfront.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940090-Torontoalmost-home-Canada-proud