*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940083-Wowed-By-MJ-Tribute
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940083 added August 20, 2018 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Wowed By MJ Tribute
After we get our luggage dropped off in our rooms we're heading to the Shark Reef Aquarium

https://www.mandalaybay.com/en/entertainment/shark-reef-aquarium.html

then we're hitting the pool party

https://www.mandalaybay.com/en/nightlife/daylight.html

and ending our evening with the 9:30 show MICHAEL JACKSON ONE BY CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

https://www.mandalaybay.com/en/entertainment/michael-jackson-one.html


and if you still have energy then hit the casino

https://www.mandalaybay.com/en/casino.html


We're virtual the limits are whatever we make them.
         
         
Who bothered to sleep last night? Las Vegas is one bustling, teeming, very alive city. All the glittering lights and the pounding rock music bullied any idea of slumber.
         What? We've switched hotels? There are so many here, all glass behemoths. Oh, I get it. The Mandalay is THE spot, central to today's forays and spectacles.
         Like the humongous posters advised, I became an aquarist for a most pleasurable time. I meandered through the immense Shark Reef Aquarium scarcely daring to breathe , or blink. Standing within / under a glass arch of ocean water with swimming sea life circling over my head is an amazing experience. I just had to wait my turn in line to hand feed a stingray, a shark, and a turtle. All my fingers are still attached to my hands. The komodo dragon is a fiercesome beast.
         Huh, I can now lay claim to attending a pool party in Sin City. You know what they say about while in Rome... I shimmied into a bikini more so that I'd blend in as I observed the carefree partiers. What can you say about pulsating , nonstop music, glorious sunshine, sparkling pool water, and bottomless beverages? Yes, I partied. I splashed and rubbed shoulders with hundreds of glistening bodies. Alas, my pale skin refused to adopt even a sun-kissed hint of a tan.
         Tonight's show is hands down my favourite concert so far. I've attended and enjoyed many a Cirque du Soleil performance in Toronto. I'm never disappointed by the showmanship, the music, the elaborate costumes, and the enthralling themes. This fantastic tribute to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, is no exception. I was so captivated by it all. All I could do at times, was stare wide-eyed, unblinking, loathe to miss anything. The visual and musical montages are incredible works of acrobatics, dance, and aerial antics. The light show, the pulsating music, the mime and magic, the electric energy, the costumes and make-up, all mesmerized. Of course, I felt compelled to sing along to MJ's greatest hits. This was dazzling fun!!
After such an electrifying show, it was impossible to relax. I felt jazzed, and I needed to do something. Again, because of this locale, I ventured into the hotel's casino. Again, my senses were overpowered by gleaming, sparkling lights and the general buzz. What the heck, I actually tried my luck and gambled. I had no clue what to do, but I winged it. In reality, I mimicked the oblivious obsessed nearby. I hummed MJ songs as I played. Sadly, I cannot report any winnings. There was no ' Luck Be A Lady Tonight'. I'm okay. I'm in no danger of developing an addiction.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940083-Wowed-By-MJ-Tribute