*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939972-WdC-bday-and-RANT-about-McAfee
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#939972 added August 18, 2018 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
WdC b’day and RANT about McAfee
WDC's birthday is approaching, are you planning any special events, participating in or hosting any contests. Would you recommend any to other writers?

----------

For living in FL and September being a hurricane month, I am first worrying about my everyday responsibilities. I might be unable to do anything due to lack of electricity and internet access...or worse.

As to the WdC b’day, I was thinking of a tiny contest, but then it was planned for the sr. mods to run a joint one, so I decided to forgo my original idea as I will be participating in that group thing. I hope I can be around during that week to enter contests and help with whatever I can.

Then, of course, we have the GoT, which as any one of us knows, is a biggie. Enuf said! *Rolling*

At this time, I am crossing my fingers for September to be a quiet month weather-wise and an action-filled one WdC-wise.

--------

RANT:

I have Norton in my computer. McAfee, on the other hand, has attached itself to one or two other programs or downloads and has been keeping up with bugging me several times a day. I tried to uninstall whatever *!^&$ programs it stuck inside, but the uninstall thing couldn’t do it because it couldn’t locate it, I guess due to its sneaky hiding places.

No way could I ask what to do on Norton or McAfee sites, so I Googled my complaint. It seems many people are in the same boat with me and they don’t know what to do. One person said he managed to uninstall it, but after that, his computer didn’t work right and he had to take it to a computer shop. So, it was probably lucky I couldn’t uninstall the darn thing.

Why is it that we can fight trojans and viruses and what-have-you, and we can’t fight McAfee? If I knew where to complain, I would in a blink.

In the meantime, when I am writing anything or engrossed inside an article or reviewing something, McAfee is keeping up its bugging and distracting me with its popups and offers. This has been going on for more than a month.

I wish there was some authority, like an internet better business bureau, where we could take our complaints.

And mark my words, as long as I live, I’ll never buy or use McAfee, even if it were free. They got on my last nerve.




© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939972-WdC-bday-and-RANT-about-McAfee