*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939811-Stumblin-and-Lurchin-in-the-Big-Easy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939811 added August 15, 2018 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Stumblin' and Lurchin' in the Big Easy
Did you really think we'd leave New Orleans without checking out some Blues?

We're doing the 11:00 am City of the Dead tour, ladies.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60864-d11453062-New_Orleans...

We're doing the 3:00pm Haunted History Ghost tour before heading to the Blues Club.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g60864-d11448695-New_Orleans...

We're doing the early show and hitting Happy Hour at B.B. Kings Blue's Trio and BB Kings All-Star Band before we hit the tours.

http://www.bbkings.com/new-orleans/

I've scored a special tour for us that begins at 9pm instead of 8 pm.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60864-d11453064-New_Orleans...


By the time the tour is over, we still have time to hit the Blues club again and maybe have another pub crawl *Rolling*
         What a treat to stay put in one location for an extra day of fun and sightseeing. New Orleans is worth it. I indulged in a great breakfast at the Fleur de Lys cafĂ©. Knowing today's tours involved a bit of walking, I happily forgave the pastry calories. I justified their brief sojourn in my blood stream. Soon enough they'd be a sweet memory.
         What better way to explore the Big Easy if not in an ancient cemetery. St. Louis No.1 has existed since 1789. It is home to thousands of ornate crypts, mausoleums, and tombstones. Oh, the stories that lie buried there.
         I denied myself the pleasure of purchasing a voodoo spell at the ritual shop. It may well be based on nothing more than superstition, herbs, oils, and amulets, but I really have no one I need to curse at the moment. Of course the legendary, bigger than life Frenchwoman, Marie Laveau is honoured as the Voodoo Queen. So, New Orleans is famous for its take charge females.
         The second on-foot tour entitled The Haunted History Ghost Tour conjured up many creepy stories. Apparently, a French pirate with the moniker Jean Lafitte operated a smuggling enterprise from his blacksmith shop. Nowadays, it serves booze to the thirsty public as a functioning bar. I believe Jean would've approved of this.
         Whew, after all of this strenuous exploration in the humidity, I was more than eager to sit, and sit I did at the B.B. King Blues Club. Now this was a place to unwind. I could not refuse a supper of shrimp and steak. I believe my muscles deserved it. I also indulged in a few of the signature cocktails with their creative names.
         Yes, in a music club I just had to order and share tastes of the Boogie Woogie. After this, I savoured a Muddy Waters, a Fallen Angel, and a Lucille. Oh, they were equal parts delicious and potent.
         Suitably relaxed and sated, I danced and sang along to all kinds of rousing music. Blues, rock and roll, whatever, I boogied.
         Today didn't end here. Our groupies stumbled out for a Ghost, Voodoo, and Vampire Tour.. We probably resembled the zombie cast of the Michael Jackson video, 'Thriller'. We lurched. We swayed. We felt no pain. I'm certain there was groaning and moaning, too. I liked the spooky folklore our tour guide entertained us with.
         The rest of the night became a blur, but I think we returned to B.B. King's bar, at least for a while. Those drinks were too easy, and the music weaved a spell.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939811-Stumblin-and-Lurchin-in-the-Big-Easy