*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939742-New-Orleans-Rappers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939742 added August 14, 2018 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
New Orleans Rappers


We're going to Smoothie King Center 1501 Dave Dixon Driven 70113 New Orleans, LA, US

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/33863359-young-thug-at-smoothie-king-center

Young Thug, J. Cole, Jaden Smith, and EarthGang


https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89148-Reviews-Hotel_Monteleone-...

We're going to stay in the Historic Old French Quarter. The hotel looks really nice. https://hotelmonteleone.com/

After the concert, I'm heading to.relax after with the hotel state-of-the-art rooftop fitness center and heated pool with breathtaking views of the downtown New Orleans skyline. ,


New Orleans is just to fun to spend just one night here. Relax today and enjoy the concert,because tomorrow 8/15 we'll be doing the really cool vampire and ghost tours, spending time in the cemetary and the haunted...


         Wow, I'm in New Orleans, Mardi Gras country. This place isn't anything like Chicago. {suser;elusive4lyn} is this a castle that you've booked us into? All I see at The Hotel Monteleone is gold and white. It looks swanky. Oo-la-la, we're tourists in the French Quarter. Do I need to remember my manners here?
         Um, okay, really? This evening's concert is held at the Smoothie King Center. As in the smoothie we slurp on humid days? There's a smoothie king?
         I quickly realized that tonight had a genre, the rap genre. May I go so far as to say it appeared to be angry, in your face, reactive rap.
         The headliner, Young Thug aka Jeffrey Lamar Williams, rapped / intoned words in a strange voice. It seemed as if he used a voice synthesizer, and this required more concentration on my part to distinguish his lyrics. In 'Swizz Beatz', he repeated the words "with, with" over and over. Nah, he wasn't my cup of tea.
         J.Cole aka Jermaine Lamarr Cole appealed a wee bit more to me. ( Oh, coincidentally, both Thug And J. have the similar middle name.) His rap, 'Children of Men' had a plausible story line with the memorable line, " right plan, wrong route."
         I don't know what to think about Jaden Smith. Is he trying too hard? I kinda believe he's over-dressed as if he's unsure who to impress, or how to express himself. Good grief, he takes layering to an all new level. Does he wish to shock, or thumb his nose at people? His attempt to be a gangsta wannabe brother is ridiculous. I suppose all rappers create and maintain a persona, real or imagined. Anyway, his raps did not resonate with me.
         The final act consisted of two dudes, Venus and Doc who perform as the duo EarthGang..Like the preceding performers, they are American. They rap about the negro experience. In 'Meditate', they frequently repeat the label "nigga". They state, " looking for peace in America, looking for peace when I look at ya." Again, in 'Momma Told Me', they regularly rap the word "nigga." Of all tonight's rappers, their stories were easiest to follow and understand.
         After assaulting my ears, I headed to the hotel's wonderful bar, The Carousel. It had a bustling, fun vibe.
         I joined my fellow groupies at the rooftop pool. New Orleans shines like a jewel under the black sky.
         Would anyone care to join me for breakfast tomorrow at the nearby Fleur de Lys CafĂ©?













© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939742-New-Orleans-Rappers