*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939389-Night-of-Nostalgia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939389 added August 8, 2018 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Night of Nostalgia
We're here sunny San Diego, where it never rains.

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/33413724-rick-derringer-at-humphreys-concerts-...

Rick Derringer, Badfinger, Vanilla Fudge, Joey Molland, and Mitch Ryder And The Detroit Wheels

Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay
2241 Shelter Island Dr.
92106
San Diego, CA, US
619-224-3577
www.humphreysconcerts.com

We got a travel package deal that said we had to book 2 nights with this hotel chain so here we are our second night with Omni.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d287392-Reviews-Omni_San_Diego_H...

Lots of glass with a crazy view. 675 L Street, San Diego, CA 92101-7022


I've got us booked for an electric bike tour, ladies.
         
         
         
         San Diego California..... hello sunshine! Really? It never rains? This is my kind of city. My flip flops and I could get used to this.
         Foot loose and fancy free, I joined my fellow groupies in an electric bike tour. Not having to pedal and exert myself felt strange. I just had to concentrate on my balance and steer as I gawked in awe at the gorgeous scenery.
         Queen's power anthem, "Bicycle" repeated itself in my sight-seeing brain. I enjoyed the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean from the summit of Mount Soledad. There are so many words for the glorious colour blue; azure, turquoise, cerulean. I can't quite believe I scaled that height.
          Since this is a music inspired cross-country trek, it made perfect sense to visit Windan Sea Beach a back drop for Beach Boy videos. Surfing sure looks like fun, but no, I did not attempt to hang ten, or anything else.
         My sea lions and harbour seals are a noisy bunch! They resemble human beach bums who loll and laze in the sun.
         Wow, La Jolla reminds me of episodes of 'The Rich and Famous'! can we say mansions? Do the inhabitants rely upon GPS?
         Tonight's entertainment took place at Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay. Hmm, funny, but when I hear the name Humphrey, I think of an elephant. I believe he's an English character. Anyway,,,,
         All of this evening's performers can be summed up in one word, nostalgia. It's much more polite than saying old, or aged, or "experienced". Yes, the groups have been around the block, and most of the world, yet they still live to perform. They obviously have the music in them, and love to share it. These singers have lived the rock and roll experience.
          So, Rick Derringer... I did not recognize his name, and whew, is he ever a powerhouse, a dynamo. I did recall his song though, 'Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo'. It's a catchy number.
         Okay, Badfinger, I do recognize. I remember this British groups hits from the 1970s. I enjoyed listening to their numbers and singing along. It became a trip down memory lane. 'Day After Day', 'Come and Get It'. and 'No Matter What' still sound incredible.
         The name Vanilla Fudge didn't ring any bells. Another random weird name choice. Imagine my surprise when the opening notes for 'You Keep Me Hanging On' hung in the air. I know every word.
         Joey Molland is known as a member of Badfinger. He hails from Liverpool and has the accent to prove it. I liked his song 'Walk Out In the Rain'.
         This group's name kinda made sense. Mitch Ryder is from Michigan and his band is known as The Detroit Wheels. I really enjoyed their catchy, danceable set. They have a 1950s vibe of rock and roll. 'Devil With the Blue Dress On' and 'I Like It Like That'have energy.
         We rubbed elbows with the rest of the dancing crowd. I let myself get caught up in the fun. Lyn's a Witchy Woman bravo!!






© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939389-Night-of-Nostalgia