*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939371-The-Life-of-a-Butterfly
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#939371 added August 8, 2018 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
The Life of a Butterfly
Prompt: "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a butterfly." What are your views on this? Write anything you want about this.

--------------

Life is a catch-22 affair, in which we feel discontent in our present situation in some way and grope for bigger and better; not that there’s anything wrong with aiming high, but what of the end? What happens when we reach the end?

As such, when the caterpillar is a caterpillar, it keeps on eating to shed its skin a few times in a row. Then, it may become tired of the repetition, and in tedium and melancholy, it may just dangle from a branch to build a cocoon around itself. When it is done being in the cocoon, it frantically pushes itself out of it. Then, suddenly finds itself a beautiful butterfly. A being the caterpillar never imagined it could be.

Now it has a beautiful, happy existence under the sun, but it still lacks knowledge. The knowledge of nature, which says a butterfly’s life is the end of things.

What I gather from this evolution is:
• Don’t rush through your stages.
• Each stage is a blessed event; just enjoy where you are, what you are
• Don’t take to the air too soon. At least, not before developing strong wings to carry you.
• Don’t give up on your situation, ever. There’s always the next step…that is until you become a butterfly.
• When you make it to the butterfly stage, be happy with where you are because where you are won’t last too long. And this is the catch-22 of it all.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939371-The-Life-of-a-Butterfly