*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939335-Austin-Texas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939335 added August 7, 2018 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
Austin, Texas
         We're going to get a little of those Austin City Lights

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32541514-erasure-at-austin-city-limits-live-at...

We're seeing Erasure and Reed and Caroline. Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater, Austin, TX, US
I've not heard either one of the groups so we're all in for an experience. I'm hoping we'll find our missing in action Warped Sanity- Thanks Schnujo and drag her and Joe out for the night.

We're doing it up fancy this evening.We're staying at

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30196-d98453-Reviews-Omni_Austin_Hotel...

We're going to check out Wild About Music and then split up for whatever else catches your eye before the concert. I would like everyone to see Wild Music, afterall that's our goal to expand our musical tastes. Yay Groupies!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30196-d265499-Reviews-Wild_About_...
         Wow, we really are hopping from state to state. Now, we gather in Austin, Texas, I expected this would be another country concert, but no, Lyn's a Witchy Woman has surprised me. Tonight's acts have never been on my radar, so I anticipate hearing something different.
         Wasn't that a blast exploring that quirky store Wild About Music? It's outer sign definitely warned me that it was also a guitar gallery. As if I could've ignored all of those guitars prominently displayed everywhere. Of course, it's the instrument for so many genres of music. I was not tempted to purchase any of the western wear, too gaudy for me. I'm a t-shirt gal and I certainly noticed a plethora of them.
         What a strange name for a theater, The Moody. Kinda glad it didn't become my surname. Imagine going through life known as that moody girl? Anyway, like the other venues we've visited, this is a place packed with people, people ready to party.
         So, the duo from London, England were interesting. Their name 'Erasure' is enigmatic. Are they implying that we not listen with any pre-conceived ideas? Erase all you think you know about music. I confess I read a short bio, and their style is described as synthpop. Okay..... Anyway, this is their World Be Gone Tour. They must've created numerous tours since they began in 1985. I liked their danceable style, and the singer, Andy Bell has a pretty good voice. They are fond of lasers and lights. I fancied 'A Little Respect' and 'Ship Of Fools'.
         The second act this evening did not appeal to me at all. Reed&Caroline produce techno music, and I hear it as sound effects . Many of their lyrics were repetitive. I did love and appreciate the crowd's energy.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939335-Austin-Texas