*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939325-Grace
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#939325 added August 7, 2018 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Grace
Prompt: Mary Oliver says, “You can have the other words-chance, luck, coincidence, serendipity. I'll take grace. I don't know what it is exactly, but I'll take it. ”
What is grace to you?

-------

Grace is a friend of mine, in human form. Grace as a noun is refinement, elegance, and doing a favor to people by being in their presence. The last meaning has evolved through the millenniums and entered into theology. There is grace or divine grace in Christianity and its relative words in other religions and cultures.

Grace is the most important concept in all religions that I know of. It is the love and mercy the Supreme Being shows even to those who are not so lovable. Grace is a favor that is not earned or merited. Grace rescues us earthlings from our misunderstandings and brokenness. Grace is the divine help and strength given to us.

We cannot hand out grace like the Supreme Being does, but we can forgive and show mercy, and hopefully, come to love those who wrong us, and then live a righteous life. That can be our minute humanly grace. I believe when we forgive and love, we just may encourage the Supreme Being’s grace upon us, although our every breath is the result of that grace, anyway.

Then, no matter how I try to describe grace, I may not be able to do it fully, and since the point of origin of grace emerges from such a high place, I wholeheartedly agree with Mary Oliver’s words, “I don't know what it is exactly, but I'll take it. ”



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939325-Grace