*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939270-A-Night-in-Nashville
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939270 added August 6, 2018 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
A Night in Nashville
Gordon Lightfoot is who we're seeing this evening. Bob Dylan calls Gordon Lightfoot one of his favorite songwriters - a fine tribute to a legacy that is still being written. In a career spanning nearly 40 years, the Canadian folk legend has recorded over 200 songs, written many more, and influenced the sound of so many highly successful artists. Carly - 5 Years! a homie for you.


https://www.nashville-theatre.com/category_dates.php?category=concert&year=2...
Ryman Auditorium 116 5TH AVE N, NASHVILLE, TN 37219

We're staying at Nashville Jellystone Campgrounds for the night.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55229-d248303-Reviews-Nashville_Jellys...

2572 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214-1096


We're going to have a good time at the campground, who's up for a barbecue?
         Whew! I feel like a tumbleweed rolling wherever the wind takes me. Now I'm in Nashville, Tennessee. I suppose groupies don't stop to catch their breath. They live in the moment.
         So, tonight we experience all that is the incomparable Gordon Lightfoot, a fellow Canuck. Of course, I recognize his music. I have been listening to it all my life. Once again, these are tunes that I've heard everyday. His songs garner a great deal of radio play. I catch a few opening notes, and I immediately begin to sing the lyrics. Monsieur Lightfoot has accompanied me on car excursions, weddings, dances, lazy hazy beach days, excruciatingly slow / frustrating waiting rooms, crowded elevators, and more.
         Strange that I would witness him perform at Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. He and I are both a long way from home. Incidentally, I currently reside in a tiny village within driving distance of Orillia, Ontario where ol' Gordon hails from. Also, he is a contemporary of my parents. . I will testify that Orillia is still a lovely scenic area. Not a bad place at all to grow up in.
         I enjoyed his familiar songs. They speak of life. I shall list but a few pieces from his repertoire; 'Sundown', 'If You Can Read My Mind', 'Carefree Highway', 'Rainy Day People' and 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'.
          Oh, I do love to camp! Crazy, eh? It's a relaxed environment. Strangers become friends. Campfires are excuses to share stories and laugh.
         In this day and age, so many film others with their cell phones. I suspect our efforts to raise a few tents may be making the rounds of YouTube. Lyn's a Witchy Woman sure came in handy to hold up the central poles, height has its clear advantages. Apondia took charge and mapped out our site.Noyoki and 💙 Carly scrounged for some firewood, and it became a group effort to coax a fire to grace us with its warm presence.Warped Sanity and BlueMoon seem to love ghost stories. I'm impressed with the camp store at Jellystone Campground, it had all the fixin's for ooey, gooey s'mores. Wait, is this that Jellystone, the one with Yogi Bear and Boo Boo?

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939270-A-Night-in-Nashville