*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939184-A-Little-Bit-Country
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939184 added August 6, 2018 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
A Little Bit Country
We're going to see Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen and John Pardi

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32678304-luke-bryan-at-sports-authority-field-...

Hope you got your cowboy boots and jeans packed. It's going to be a country night at Mile High Stadium and we're hoofing it there from our hotel. 1.3 miles, ladies and gents. We got this.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/colorado/embassy-suites-by-hilton-den...

If you're up to seeing Union Station, it's worth the time
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33388-d130318-Reviews-Union_Stati...

shopping for anyone.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33388-d251918-Reviews-16th_Street...

4 different musicians, Enjoy!


PS Don't forget to link your post to mine, it makes it so much easier for me to find your entry. Thanks.
         So, today we're in Denver, Colorado. Anybody else feel like singing 'Rocky Mountain High'? Wow, the scenery is breathtaking!
         Jet lag, what jet lag? This is an adventure. Of course, I jumped at the chance to see Union Station, and shop at the 16th Street mall. I indulged myself and purchased a pair of cowboy, or more accurately, cowgirl boots. When in Rome... My ole flip flops needed a rest anyway. I draw the line at a big hat though.
         Country music is on tonight's menu. Hmmm, I grew up with fans in my parents. I believe I know all the lyrics to every old cry-ass / hurtin'/ cheatin' country song ever warbled. I listened to Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, and more. Oh no, the words for 'Crystal Chandelier' are threatening to take over...
          I strutted into the Mile High stadium feeling a wee bit light-headed. Maybe it was the mountain air, or my new footwear. It couldn't possible have been because of the tight jeans I'd squeezed myself into. I was ready for the What Makes You Country Tour.
         I confess, I recognize Luke Bryan's name, but I am not familiar with his music. I stood to be educated. I liked his catchy tune 'Rollercoaster'. It told the tale of young love in the heat of summer.
         Now Sam Hunt's songs I know. I love to belt out the lyrics to 'Body Like a Back Road' when I'm driving alone. I find it catchy, and kinda clever. I love his line, "I'mma take it slow just as fast as I can."
         Morgan Wallen proved to be a pleasant surprise. His tune 'The Way I Talk' spoke to me. Hey, we all speak with some sort of accent and plenty of idioms. His philosophy is "I don't fight it I just roll with it." Americans claim that I say the word "about" as "aboot". I deny this, but then again I do not hear what they hear. I'm certain I pronounce "about" with the "ow", or "ouch" sound, not the "oo" of "shoe". Whatever, I definitely do not drawl.
         John Pardi continued with the feel good music. His 'Dirt On My Boots' is catchy and danceable.
         I really enjoyed the spontaneous line-dancing. It was so much fun! I got dirt on my new boots that's for sure.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939184-A-Little-Bit-Country