*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939065-Day-3Long-islandiced-tea
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939065 added August 3, 2018 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3.....Long island....iced tea?
We're going to take the train up from my home explore the town of Wantagh on Long Island before heading to the concert at Northwell Health. Jones Beach Theater is an outdoor amphitheater at Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh, New York. It is one of two major outdoor arenas in the New York metropolitan area. The weather is supposed to be perfect.

We're seeing Chicago and Reo Speedwagon this evening.

There are different historical things to see, hope something appeals to you. What's your favorite Chicago song? Reo Speedwagon?

We'll be taking the train back and crashing one more night before we leave this part of the U.S. Maybe Fivesixer ☮ will have time to join us.


         So, we ventured to Long Island today. It must be quite the place if it produced an iced tea. I could drink one of those now. I forgot to ask for one while at the concert . I understood refreshments were available at the Jones Beach Theater, so, why didn't I ? Yep, I must've been agawkin' again. It's not especially easy to imbibe when one's mouth is perpetually agape. Oh, and when I wasn't oohing and aahing, I was singing, or talking.
         Today's venue proved to be much smaller, or in concert lingo, more intimate. I do recall rubbing shoulders, and jabbing a few strangers today. The music just sweeps us along.
         I certainly felt twinges of nostalgia. Both Chicago and Reo Speedwagon featured in my youth. Isn't it a marvel that we can hear familiar music and instantly remember the correct lyrics that accompany it? It's a reflex. Of course, listening to radio replays over and over contribute to that.
         What Chicago tunes do I like? The short answer is all of them. They're all fantastic! As I write this, I am humming to myself. 'Saturday in the Park' is unforgettable. Then there's 'If You Leave Me Now'. Okay, okay, My mostest favouritest Chicago tune is..... drum roll please... 'Color My World', and I forgive them for mis-spelling "colour". ( Why, yes, I am Canadian.) It's melody is both beautiful and haunting. maybe I'm a sucker for instrumental moments especially those with a piano.
         Reo Speedwagon has remarkable songs too. Again, it's impossible to choose just one favourite. 'Can't Fight This Feeling', 'Keep On Lovin' You', 'Take It On The Run', and 'Dream Weaver' recall high school dances. They were not only tunes to sing along with, but they were danceable too.
          Lyn's a Witchy Woman , Warped Sanity ,💙 Carly , BlueMoon , Noyoki , and Apondia you sure can sing! I don't believe anyone dared to shush us.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939065-Day-3Long-islandiced-tea