*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937417-Meditation-and-Reading
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#937417 added July 4, 2018 at 2:29pm
Restrictions: None
Meditation and Reading
Prompt: What does meditation mean to you and how do you meditate?

----

About 35 years ago, I seriously studied meditation. Then, it became second nature. As the result of it, I am a much calmer person.

I rarely meditate now, at least not consciously. The good thing about meditation is it becomes second nature and you find yourself meditating on a specific thing or idea, as well as what you trained for.

Free clip art


Prompt: “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you,” says Carlos Ruiz Zafón, in The Shadow of the Wind
What do you think he means? Don’t we see in a book what its writer has written?


---

I am not sure what Zafón claims is true for everyone. I certainly want to find out what the author is trying to say and why and on which thing inside of him he is basing it.

On the other hand, it is a fact that I like a book better if those things, ideas, and/or the writing style of the author correspond to my sensitivities. If this same feeling wouldn’t apply to every reader, then, we would have only one genre, one style, and more or less the similar storylines in books.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937417-Meditation-and-Reading