*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937411-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2162686
"I miss her... We were so good. What happened to us?"
#937411 added July 4, 2018 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6
Chapter 6


I'm no longer awkwardly sitting on an uncomfortable bench. Where the fuck am I? The refreshing touch of the fabric and something soft surround me, giving the illusion I'm on a cloud. My eyes shoot open only to see a white ceiling. The small room holds nothing besides a closet, window, and the large bed I'm currently in. How the fuck did I end up in here? My clothes I wore last night are still on me and my shoes sit next to the tiny wooden desk in the corner. Quickly, I get out of bed, gather my shit and leave. Not a single person is in sight as I walk hastily down the hallway towards the stairs. My head pounds with each step I take down the spiral staircase. What even happened last night? Without being bothered by anyone, I leave the house before I can be found.





My fingers graze the rough strings as I move from one chord to the next. The pick plucks each string as I continue playing the song. For once in my life, my brain is at ease. Nothing runs through it, anxieties and anger aren't pushed to far; it's just me and my beautiful acoustic guitar in the tiny space.

"Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise/Running through the shadows, damn your love, damn your lives." I hum along to the Fleetwood Mac song coming from the small speaker on my phone.

After finishing the verse, I pause the song after noticing a microphone and headphones sitting in the corner of the room. Singing isn't something I enjoy to do around others, but also something I don't enjoy doing alone. Before I can even get up, my phone starts to ring.

"Bloody hell," I groan before answering it.

"What?" I snap into the line.

"Harry, you need to come home at a decent time today." Patrick states as I'm leaving the building. I need a smoke to get through a conversation with this ass.

"Why?" I spat at him.

"You just do." He says before the line went dead.

"You could've just fucking texted me." I mutter as the smoke leaves my body.

Before I know it, I'm flicking the butt of it into the street and heading back to the room. Playing will help ease you better than a cigarette will, my subconscious adds. I hate when it's right. As I move closer to the room, a shadow peeks its way into the hallway. My breathing picks up a bit as I stand in the doorway watching this person looks at my stuff.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I bellow to the person in the room.

"Excuse me?" The stranger says while turning around to make eye contact. Holy fuck it's her. Looking like she just got out of the gym, Izzy stares at me wide eyed and mouth open, looking like a deer in the headlights.

"Why are you in here?" I bellow again.

"I-I saw the guitar and wanted to get a closer look. I j-just finished getting to know this building when I-I saw it." She stutters. What an overachiever.

"So that have you the right to touch MY instrument?!"

Her stance changes from crouched down where my baby is to standing straight up, arms crossed over her chest while her expression changes from startled to pissed off. "Look, I thought it was pretty and wanted to get a closer look at it. What's the big deal?"

"What's the big deal?! The big deal is that you're touching something that isn't yours! Get out!" I scream while pointing out the doorway.

She picks up her gym bag before saying, "Fucking prick," as she pushes past me leaving the room.

"Goodbye, Isabelle." I say taunting while peering down the hall, watching her ponytail swish back and forth as she moves.

She had no right to be touching my things. Someone needs to keep to herself. In a few quick movements, I pick up my guitar and sit in front of the microphone, picking up where I left off.



The chilly summer night relieves me of a hard days work. With only the street lights being my only source of light, I manage to find my car, my other baby. The leather interior is cool to the touch, clashing with the sweat on my hands that built up over the course of the day. Pulling out of the parking space I notice two shadows walking down the side of the street, but one moved faster than the other. Turning off my headlights and putting my car in park, I felt the need to sit back and watch the creepy shit on the streets of Bethlehem. The faster moving stranger suddenly grabs the shadow that was ahead. Before my brain could even catch up with the rest of me, I'm speed walking to the two strangers. The person in trouble found their way under the lights, giving me a clear view at who it was. My legs pick up the pace, turning my walk into a sprint as I head towards the fucker trying to attack this poor girl. I can't explain why I'm doing this but for some reason, I feel the need to cut in.

"Get away from her!" I yell before grabbing the fucker by the shoulders, causing him to fall onto the brick.

I kick the creep in his sides a few times, getting a groan in response, before getting down to his level. The first punch made contact with his face, causing something to crack. I probably just broke his nose, fucking deserves it. Before adding another punch I hear, "Harry, stop!" from behind me. Oh no. Izzy stands under the light, her face and eyes red. Her hands aggressively shake as they sit on her head.

"Izzy," I whisper as she backs into the light post. The creep got away, leaving the two of us alone on the dark street. Her chest rises and falls rapidly as she stares at me like I'm a monster. You are one.

"Get away from me." She says quietly, but loud enough where I heard her plea perfectly.

"Are you okay?" I ask slowly walking towards her.

"I said get away from me." She says again sounding upset and angry.

"Did he hurt you?" I ask quietly.

"No," She says looking at her feet.

I was able to get within arms reach of her without her trying to hide or run away. A single tear rolls down her already stained and red cheek, but before it could fall onto her clothing, my thumb wiped it away causing her to hiss like she's in pain.

"Let me take you back to your dorm."

"No, I'll walk back. I'm fine." Is she serious?

"You're not doing that. You were almost attacked. Do you want to risk that happening again?" I say struggling to keep calm.

"No," she mumbles and crosses her arms like my cousins would before throwing a fit.

"I'm taking you back. Let's go." I sternly say before she could fight me back on the matter.



The drive to the dorms was a painfully awkward one. Izzy's head rests on the window as she watches the neighborhood pass by. My fingers start drumming on the wheel because it's driving me insane that there is no noise. I would put something on, but I'm not in the mood to scare her more than I already have. I pull into the parking lot in a matter of minutes, somewhat startling her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask again tracing the ram head on the steering wheel.

"Yea," She states. "Why are you acting like you care now when you were rude to me earlier?"

"You were in a life or death situation. I typically wouldn't have intervened like that, but I felt the need to." I wasn't lying.

"So you're saying if you didn't know me you wouldn't have helped?" She snaps at me while holding onto the door handle.

"Ummmm, " Is all I could get out. I don't know how to answer meaning she's right.

"You're fucking pathetic, you know that?" She scoffs as she slams the car door shut and runs inside.

I tug at the roots of my hair, frustrated by what just happened. She has such an attitude, damn. Was she really that pissed I saved her? Dumbass, you screamed at her earlier and she just saw you break some guys nose. She's got a reason to be pissed, my subconscious tells me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I scream hitting the steering wheel. "You're welcome for coming to the rescue." I mumble as I drive away.

© Copyright 2018 Autumn Fulgenzi (UN: autty_fulgenzi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Autumn Fulgenzi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937411-Chapter-6