*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937409-Chapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2162686
"I miss her... We were so good. What happened to us?"
#937409 added July 4, 2018 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4
Chapter 4


The halls may be empty, but each room bellows with voices of incoming students and parents. Paul continuously looks at his phone, muttering "room 230" to himself before looking at the numbers on each door we pass. The white cinder block walls make me feel like I'm in a prison. There are no windows on any part of the wall and the dingy tile floor gives me an eerie vibe. Paul knocks on the metal door painted white that leads to her room. I shove my hands into my pockets and look at the dirty floor, until the squeak of the door opening caught my attention. A medium height girl with dark blue hair tied into some weird knot thing opens the door. Kimmy is dressed in a white crop top with flowers on it and black shorts, with the biggest smile plastered across her face.

"Hey guys! Come in." She says cheerfully as she steps aside to let us in.

Paul kisses her cheek as he enters the tiny ass room. Yuck. Seeing them as a couple is still new to me and they've been together for a while now. Paul started bringing Kimmy around last year as a friend. Our group of friends met her at a party that Michael's frat was having, which was probably a mistake on Paul's behalf. Kimmy went to a stuffy, full of bitchy girls college last year, but she claims that her reason for leaving was that she couldn't stand the prissy girls there. I really think that was part of it but wanted to be closer to Paul and away from the all girls Catholic school. When I met Kimmy, I automatically thought she was attractive and my mission was to get her. A few drinks later in the both of us and we were in an empty bedroom in the frat house before we knew it. From then on, she's been in the group and we've hooked up almost every time we saw each other, until now. When Paul told me that they were dating, I was kind of bummed, mainly because I didn't have my hooking up partner now. I knew that she wanted more than what we had, but she also knew I couldn't be a boyfriend to her; I don't date. Now, she treats me like her younger brother, but it's okay because she's like an annoying sister to me.

I cleared my throat to remind them that I'm still here. A quick "Sorry" was mumbled from the both of them before Paul shuffled his way into the room and making himself comfortable on her bed. I followed behind, keeping my gaze at the floor as I leaned myself against the white cinder block wall near one of the closet spaces. A small, shaggy, teal rug sits in the middle of the tile floor between their beds and desks. Although when looking at the floor, I had noticed something laying on the floor near one of the beds. A ball of bright colors sits there and all I did was stare. I probably looked like a nut job to the rest of them in the room, but I couldn't care less. All I wanted to know is where I've seen those bright ass colors before.

"Harry. Harry," a voice said, but I don't recognize who it is. "Yo hoe!" the voice said again followed by something hitting my arm. A pillow in the shape of a Hershey kiss sits next to my feet. I look up to see Kimmy quietly laughing on her bed while Paul smirks as he scrolls through his phone with his head in her lap. Pictures of friends from over the years scatter the wall near her bed, showing how social she really is.

"I've been trying to talk to you and get your attention. What the hell, man." Kimmy says chuckling at the end.

"Sorry," I mumble tossing the odd pillow back at her.

"Anyway, this is my roommate." She said nodding her head towards the other bed.

I look where she motioned to see a girl focused on putting polish on her toes. Blonde hair that's seen the sun is pulled back, keeping all of it away from her face. I swear I've seen this before. Big framed glasses sit on her face like they belong there. When she hears Kimmy reference her, she looks up and all I can do is stare at her. The dark makeup around her eyes make them pierce into mine. Her plump, pink lips have curved into a small smile and all I want to do is kiss them. What the hell am I thinking. And why am I thinking this. A plain, dark blue t-shirt hangs off her loosely. Wait a minute... Holy hell it's her.

"Hi, I'm Izzy." She says with an innocent smile. I watch as her eyes rake up and down my body, probably judging all the black clothing and tattoos on my arms. Her nose scrunches a bit while looking at me. Do I smell like cigarettes? Nervously, I run my hand through my hair and pulling my gaze away from her to the ceiling. Why am I so damn nervous? I never get like this when I see a girl. The already small room feels like it's getting even smaller and smaller each second. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and it suddenly became harder to breathe. What's happening to me?

My phone buzzes in my pocket, causing me jump. I hope she didn't see that. I pull my phone out of my pants to see a text from Reagan saying, dtf? I roll my eyes before quickly typing a response before mumbling, "I gotta go" and leaving the room a mess.

© Copyright 2018 Autumn Fulgenzi (UN: autty_fulgenzi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Autumn Fulgenzi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937409-Chapter-4