*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937407-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2162686
"I miss her... We were so good. What happened to us?"
#937407 added July 4, 2018 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Chapter 2


I sped out of the driveway as fast as my car could go. I had to get away before beating the shit out of that man. I blast whatever metal song came on the radio to drown out the world; it always seems to work. Music was always an outlet for me. It was something that brought me peace. It was something I grew up with; kind of. Ever since I was five and saw my first guitar in my grandfather's music store, I wanted to know how to play it. So whenever I visited my grandfather, which was often, I was taught in secret. As I got older, I got more into listening to rock music and writing my own music, which helped block out and ignore the noise of my parents screams when the volume was turned all the way up.

The sudden start of the commercial break brings me back into reality, and I realize I need to park my car. The twenty minute drive went by faster than usual. I park out front of Moravian Book Shop, because this campus had to be apart of the actual town of Bethlehem for some fucking reason, before I grab my pride and joy and walk down the brick sidewalk.

The historic town is something you'd see in a book or a movie. I feel like I stick out by how I look; dark clothing, tattoos covering my arms and a hard look on my face. Each building was made of brick or stone, giving an historic vibe wherever you turned. The blue sky made the day seem perfect, when in reality it was just another shitty day. The stone, window filled building was only a short walk away, but it felt farther to get there than usual. Brethren's Hall was the place I felt most comfortable and where I spent all the time. I could hide out in practice rooms and play the guitar for hours and no one would bother me that entire time. That was more of a home to me than where I lived was.

The familiar wooden interior makes me content as I bolt to the practice rooms. The rooms have no windows, with the exception of the window on the door and a single white board on the wall to my left. I made my way over to the folding chair that sits in the corner of the room and placed my phone on the music stand in front of me. I close my eyes, took some deep breaths, and just let the my fingers do whatever they want on this beautiful instrument before me. Whenever I played, I let the music take me. I would put my own touch to the songs and let whatever my brain thought and played it. I became so engrossed in the music, that hours could pass and I would never know until I finished the song. I play and play and play, until I hear an annoying hum from my phone vibrating taking me out of my own world. I didn't even look at my phone before answering it.

"What?" I snapped into the phone.

"Well I obviously caught you at a bad time," Paul says back with the same attitude I gave him.

I've known Paul since I started at Moravian. I wouldn't say we're best mates, I don't believe in that. He's just someone I know from having almost every music class together. We got talking one day, something clicked and here we are.

"What do you want, dipshit?" I ask clearly annoyed.

"It's move in day. You know what that means."

A smirk creeps across my face at that idea. I say a quick, "I'm on my way," before I hang up and run to my car with my things in my hand.
© Copyright 2018 Autumn Fulgenzi (UN: autty_fulgenzi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Autumn Fulgenzi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937407-Chapter-2