*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937406-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2162686
"I miss her... We were so good. What happened to us?"
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#937406 added July 4, 2018 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
Chapter 1


College, the best time of your life. Wrong. For some it may have been, but for me, I've been dreading it. It's school, fuck school.

My alarm clock buzzes, telling me I need to get my ass out of bed. With my eyes shut, I flipped the switch to turn the annoying sound off.

"Harry!" My aunt calls from down the long hallway, her British accent coming out strong. I groan and roll over, taking the blankets and hiding myself underneath.

"Harry," she says quieter than before, as she opens the door to my room.

"I'm up." I mumble to her, still hidden. "Get out." She walks away.

I've been living with my aunt for four years now. I screwed up my life enough to where my mum had enough of my bullshit and sent me off to her sisters as someone else's problem. I grew up barely able to afford anything. Mum worked three jobs after the bastard left, leaving me home alone almost all the time. I was now shoved into a life of luxury when I was used to doing everything on my own. I'm still not used to the mansion I'm currently in.

The smell of cinnamon, eggs, and maple fills the entire room in seconds. The sun pours through the windows, causing the beige walls to turn white. I shuffled my feet against the carpeted floor, looking like a zombie as I head to the bathroom. The cold tile floor jolted me awake, but it also caused me to look in the mirror. Dark circles encase my eyes and my hair is sticking out in every which way. It looks like I haven't slept in days. Actually, I haven't. I probably only slept for an hour, which is more than usual. The memories of my shitty childhood turned into nightmares, which have been happening since I was 11. Fuck my parents for putting me through hell.

The hot shower relaxes my tired muscles before having to deal with the peppy clan for breakfast. It baffles me to know how so many people can be so cheery in the early hours of the morning. They don't have nightmares that keep them awake. After I slip on my usual black t-shirt and jeans, I follow the smell of whatever five course breakfast Aunt Mary concocted. I swear this woman has too much time on her hands.

While I walk down the stairs, the obnoxious sound of screaming and giggling fills my ears. Damn kids. Their squeals became louder once I entered the kitchen, which is a large open room. Two wooden bar seats with ugly flowers printed on the cushions sit against the large marble island in the middle of the kitchen. The other side of the island has a sink as well as the stove, while wooden cabinets act as the base. A large chandelier that's curved before seeing the lights and intricately designed hangs from the ceiling. Directly in front of the island sits the refrigerator that looks like a cabinet as well as other cabinets surrounding it. The marble counter top harbors another sink in the corner, having the counter extend out to match the middle of the island. Behind the counter sits a small table where everyone sits, but only for breakfast. A glass table hides in the surroundings of four ugly looking chairs and a small off-white color rug lays against the hardwood floor. Plates of bacon, cinnamon rolls, and scrambled eggs cluttered the marble counter top of the island. I stood at the island with my plate piled high and start to eat, as I overhear the bickering a few feet away.

"What are you talking about?!" My little cousin Briar bellows. "Mickey is so much better than Minnie!"

"No!" Her sister Mavis yells back. "Mickey is a boy and boys have cooties."

"Minnie's annoying."

"Take that back!"

"Nope." Briar says, popping the "p".

"Mom!" Mavis whines. Mary tells her something but I couldn't hear it, besides a loud huff that came from Mavis. I can only imagine she crossed her arms.

Briar and Mavis have always bickered with one another. They may be fraternal twins, but their personalities are different from each other, except for the fact they both think they're right and they're only 6 years old. Besides their attitudes,which they inherited from their father, they're really good kids. And I find kids annoying.

"Harry? Why don't you come over here with the rest of us." Aunt Mary calls sounding hopeful.

"No," I mumble under my breath.

She's been trying to get me to be part of the family ever since I came here when I was 16. It's been four years now and nothing changed. Mary is your typical housewife; stay at home mum and takes care of everything. She's the sweetest person you'd probably ever meet, annoyingly sweet actually, but she reminds me too much of my mum to actually have a relationship with her.

"Mary, I don't get why you keep trying," Patrick states pissed off. "He's worthless and a screw up. Don't put all your time and energy into him if he won't return any of it." Fucking prick.

Patrick is the type of business man you'd see working on Wall Street. And because of his work status, he's a fucking jackass. Dressed in a dark suit and tie with a scowl on his face as he reads the paper and his dark hair with some greys is gelled so much where it probably won't move just screams business douche. He's the CEO, really founder, of Sky Records recording company. Sadly, he's my uncle, but I refuse to give him that title. He expects you to be on the same level as he is. Although, he's the only reason why I was accepted into Moravian College; Mr. High and mighty alum.

My fists balled next to my now empty plate and my breathing became rapid. He reminded me so much of my damn father, which caused my hatred to be even stronger. I slammed my fists on the marble counter top repeatedly. By the time I stopped, the side of my hands were red and throbbed in pain. I gave the perfect family a hard glare from across the room. Briar starts to cower in her chair from my stare, making me to realizing how hard it was. Once I realized what I had done, I stormed out the house.

© Copyright 2018 Autumn Fulgenzi (UN: autty_fulgenzi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Autumn Fulgenzi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937406-Chapter-1