*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933333-April-24-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#933333 added April 24, 2018 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
April 24, 2018
"April 24, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Write about an experience that changed your way of thinking. "

As a Christian you know I am all over this prompt because Jesus Christ has definitely changed my way of thinking. I was once so lost in sin and mire that I could never have found my own way out. I wanted to be a Christian. I just didn't know how, Being hard headed and a little slow on the spiritual uptake I thought I had to become saved and keep myself absolutely perfect in order to please God. I knew I was incapable of doing that. So I gave up. I was in the belly of drug addiction for 35 years. One of the men to whom I am now chaplain was a police officer in the town where I lived. He arrested me twice. So he knows my history and we laugh about it today. It was not funny back then but today we get a laugh out of it. Moreso we are amazed that God so radically changed my thinking. I finally figured out that God did not expect me to be perfect but rather He expects me to always be moving in the right direction. Once I figured that out I quit trying on my own strength. I hear people all the time say that they will become Christians when they get their act together. It doesn't work that way folks. God takes broken people and starts them on a path to maturity. None of us will ever have it together on this side of heaven. However God will radically change your way of thinking. I just found out this past weekend that 250 guys can get together, have fun, win medals, and not have alcohol involved. I was at Salvation Army Men's Camp where I won third place in rifle shooting and Bible Quiz. What fun that was!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933333-April-24-2018