*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933133-April-20-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#933133 added April 20, 2018 at 4:14am
Restrictions: None
April 20, 2018
"April 20, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "A tree narrates a story about its life."

I wanted to let everybody know that I am going on a weekend long camping trip to a church camp. I will have no wifi or Internet connection so I will not be blogging or doing any writing this weekend.

The only tree I would be interested in would be the tree used to create the cross on which Jesus Christ was crucified. I ask myself what type of tree it was? Tradition states that it was a dogwood. Tradition goes on to say that the dogwood was once the largest of trees and it was a dogwood that was used to build the cross on which Jesus died. As a result of this use God allegedly cursed the dogwood and it shriveled to the size it is now, never to be stately again. Whether that is true or not the Bible doesn't say. It's simply a tradition passed down by the Catholic church.

Something else I wonder about this tree is if it was ever used for anything else? Was it part of something else that was torn down and the lumber used to build the cross? Or was it cut down specifically to build the cross? Was it split to make the cross or was it simply two logs nailed together? These questions don't really matter but they still give me cause to ponder.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933133-April-20-2018