*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931156-Baby-Animals
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#931156 added March 21, 2018 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Baby Animals
Happy First Day of Spring!


Prompt: Baby animals are born in the spring. You can pick any baby animal for a pet. Which one would you choose and why?

---------

I am kind of partial to kittens and puppies because I know a little bit about them. They also stay tame when they grow up. I don’t think it is moral to get any baby animal--just because you think they are cute--and when they grow up you discard them.

If I knew I could send them to a place where they would be getting a good care when they are older, I could go for other feline babies like tiger or lion cubs. I think most baby animals are lovable, anyway. Also, I love all birds who deserve to be wild and free, and baby chicks and ducklings can be delightful to watch, but they should belong with their families in the chicken coop or wherever the farmers keep the duck families.

On the internet, I have been watching from a webcam a bald-headed eagle nest for a few years now, and their eaglets are adorable, but wild animals do belong in the wild and we have no right to try to tame them or keep them as our captives.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931156-Baby-Animals