*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929396-Ignorance-Confidence-and-Noises-in-the-Night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#929396 added February 24, 2018 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Ignorance, Confidence, and Noises in the Night
Saturday, February 24, 2018

Chilly Las Vegas morning
Hot coffee, chocolate cake
Well balanced breakfast

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1530
Mark Twain said, "To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence." Do you agree or disagree? What do you think is the key to success?

Ignorance and Confidence

Do I agree or disagree with this statement? I agree to a point. People who are aware of their ignorance in a given subject will do research to educate themselves on the subject before beginning an endeavor. They will determine the pros and cons, as well as, the places where others failed. After this, they will move forward with enough confidence to begin the enterprise, and with enough ignorance to know when they need more information or education on the various aspects of the subject.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1927
Noises in the Night

Noise in the night,
Will wake you up with a fright:
Don't turn on the light.

Last night was Friday, so there were a lot of weird, scary, and unidentifiable noises echoing form outside and next door. I think they were partying next door because I could hear knocking on the wall. The apartment next to me is a studio, so if you have a party with over two people there's a good chance that someone is going to hit the wall when dancing or staggering to the bathroom.

The noises outside were scarier, but more interesting. Besides people talking, using their normal outdoor voices, there were random gunshots. By random I mean there was a gunshot then, an hour or so later, another gunshot. There were no sirens, however, that doesn't mean much because, contrary to what you see on T.V., there are few sirens when police check a shots fired call in this neighborhood. If its an authentic bust, we hear bullhorns and doors and/or windows being broken, but that's about it.

Contrary to the impression the above paragraph may give, this is a fairly decent (and most of the week) quiet neighborhood. It is a low income neighborhood where people get by the best they can, while attempting to put food on the table, pay medical bills without health insurance, and the rent simultaneously. This is difficult when jobs are scarce. Or for reasons they can't say without being charged with discrimination.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929396-Ignorance-Confidence-and-Noises-in-the-Night