*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928899-February-14-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#928899 added February 14, 2018 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
February 14, 2018
"February 14, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs"Prompt: Chocolate, flowers, jewelry, or something else, which would you prefer to get/give on Valentine's Day?"

I'd rather show the world true love on Valentine's Day and every other day of the year. Jesus said "A new commandment I give you: that you love one another AS I have loved you", John 13:31.

Jesus was in love with the whole world. He loved and continues to love unconditionally. We are to follow that example. We are to love even those who stab us in the back enough that we would willingly lay down our lives for them. I know that drastically raises the bar but it is the gospel. If everybody loved everybody else unconditionally there would be no crime. Their would be no hatred, no lying, cheating, backstabbing, or other human tendencies. We would all get along great and the world would be a beautiful place. Now the question becomes how does one fall in love with the whole world? The answer is that with humans this is impossible. However with God all things are possible. So we must first surrender to Jesus Christ and become Christians. We mujst repent of our sins and invite Jesus to enter our hearts and be our Savior. Once we have done this we must further pray that God sends His Holy Spirit to dwell in us and fill us. Once we have received the Holy Spirit we must ask God to teach us how to love as He loves. These are all prayers that God is eager to fulfill. He wants us to love Him and to love others. He isn't a tyrant waiting to punish. He is a Father waiting to love. I know there are those out there who had father figures in their lives who beat them or abused them and called that love. God is not that type of Father. God treats everybody with kindness and gentleness. He is merciful and loving and teaches us how to be the same. God changes us into doves instead of a brood of vipers. Won't you invite Him to change you this Valentine's Day?

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928899-February-14-2018