*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927672-January-24-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#927672 added January 24, 2018 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
January 24. 2018
"January 24. 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Reflect on the following quote, and use it to inspire you blog entry.
There are three methods to gaining wisdom. The first is reflection, which is the highest. The second is limitation, which is the easiest. The third is experience, which is the bitterest. ~ Confucius"

Confucius couldn't possibly know anything about true wisdom because true wisdom is to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ. Confucius lived thousands of years prior to the spread of the church into Asia so he had no possibility of knowing the Lord. However if the wisdom you are discussing is merely worldly or secular wisdom then I would have to agree with him. Experience is the bitterest teacher of wisdom. Most of the wisdom I have comes from the school of hard knocks. I can look back on my life after 50 plus years and see how God used everything that ever happened to me to shape me into what I am today. I can also see that my periods of the most growth were the times when I suffered the most. God allows suffering because He knows that suffering to a human is like manure to a plant. We grow the most when we're in deep do-do. So Confucius had the last part absolutely right!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927672-January-24-2018