*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926862-Wildcard-Thursday-Crowdsourcing-Twisted-News--Obsessions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926862 added January 11, 2018 at 11:57am
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Crowdsourcing, Twisted News, & Obsessions
Thursday, January 11, 2018

bright Thursday morning
chill in the air
hot coffee

The Wildcard Round prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What do you think of crowd-sourcing? Have you done it or contributed to one before? Do you have limits as far as to what you'll contribute to? Think you'd ever run one?

Crowd-Sourcing

I've never given crowd-sourcing much thought. I read the three definitions in Crowdsourcing1, and found all three definitions conciae and thought provoking. It sounds like an interesting and creative method of getting people to work together on without having to deal with individual egos. I've never contributed to this type of enterprise; however, I am open to the possibility in the future.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1883
Twisted News or is it? What are your thoughts about her decision?
"Dolly Parton Ripped on Twitter for Dropping ‘Dixie’ From Her Show"2

Twisted News

I don't think anyone should criticize Dolly Parton for changing the name of a dinner show. She is the star, and it should have her brand on it. When she changed the name, and she gave a reason for changing the name (which she didn't have to do). It's her show, she can give it any name she pleases, and the people who are criticizing Ms Pardon should figure out why they are offended.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1486
What is something that a lot of people are obsessed with but you don't get the point of?

Obsessions

People are obsessed with a lot of things I don't get the point of. The truth is I don't care what the majority of the human race is obsessed about. If anyone wants to hear my opinion on their obsessions I will give them my opinion. My biggest issue, on this subject, is people getting upset about the decisions other people make (especially celebrities) that is none of their damn business. I can understand, and see the point in, getting angry about sexual harassment or some other type of injustice committed by a celebrity or person in power. However, changing the name of a show to emphasize a celebrity's brand is no one's business except the celebrity.

Footnotes
1  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing
2  https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/dolly-parton-ripped-on-twitter-for-dropping...


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926862-Wildcard-Thursday-Crowdsourcing-Twisted-News--Obsessions