*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925917-ABOUT-EGO
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#925917 added December 28, 2017 at 8:12pm
Restrictions: None
ABOUT EGO

From a thread:

But we cannot deny the ego, memory, intellect, attachment to body and senses, has a certain hold, a power a residue. To talk about presence absolute etc is all well and good, but we cannot deny the rocks that inhibiting the streams flow.I get you, Reinhard, I get all these great masters, I get the essence, but let's not deny the wall the elephant in the room.

That is a misunderstanding. Ego is tension and control, fear and desire ADDED to functional activity. That means we can act and function much better without it. In your own experience, you know well about degrees of this. In a relaxed, holiday-like situation you may act very easily while the same activity may be tensed and difficult when you are in a difficult phase in your life. To identify from egotistic emotions with our activities will only narrow them down and all elegance is lost.

In the parable of Jesus the ego is compared to a dishonest manager (Luke 16), a very apt comparison here in India

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925917-ABOUT-EGO