*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920944-Screaming-and-Worldviews-Connection-to-Character
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#920944 added September 26, 2017 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Screaming and Worldview's Connection to Character
Prompt: “A screaming song is good to know in case you need to scream.”
Maurice Sendak
What do you do when you feel like screaming? What kind of things make you want to scream?


=========

When I feel like screaming, I don’t do much. Most of the time, I just go on with whatever I am doing. Sometimes, I write about it.

As to what kind of things make me want to scream, I have to make a list for this and keep adding to it.

1. All kinds of fakery
2. Narcissists
3. When I witness my-way-or-no-way kind of thinking and people pushing others around.
4. When I lose something and can’t recall what I did to it
5. When I say something I don’t really mean or something thoughtless
6. When I mean to write something and the result is something else.
7. When I am mad at someone’s words and can’t come up with a good response or just freeze
8. Palmetto Bugs, which are big cockroaches. I could take a snake, a hippo, or a rhino, but not a Palmetto Bug.

And more to come…

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: “People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
What are your thoughts on the subject?


----------------

The way I see it, this quote is only partially correct.

I know someone whose view of the world is, in her own words, “Life sucks and then you die.” This person is miserable most of the time and I have rarely seen her laugh, although she doesn’t have too bad a life, but of course, I don’t really know what made her like that. It could be a genetic disorder or it may have been acquired through a bad experience after her birth. Her opinion, in either case, shows her pessimistic character.

If we believe everything is falling apart and can’t be helped, overcoming the obstacles may be impossible, but if we believe in the obstacles being only temporary and we take action to overcome them, we may have the character of a leader.

Extremely disturbing life experiences aside, at least some of the time, what we think has a way of showing itself as the truth, which could be the result of the mind sneakily causing or creating such circumstances because the mind takes its orders from our thoughts.

Having said all that, some truly terrible conditions and circumstances can exist, such as Nazi Death Camps. In such conditions, acknowledging the disaster we are in shows only our realism and is not an indication of character.


© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920944-Screaming-and-Worldviews-Connection-to-Character