*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920580-No-Longer-Writing-Inconceivable
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920580 added September 18, 2017 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
No Longer Writing? Inconceivable
Motivational Monday! Actress Aisha Tyler , born on this day in 1970, once said "When I get old and slow down I want to look behind me and see all the fire and the wreckage and no stone left unturned." How do you think you'll remember your work and the time you've spent writing, once you're no longer pursuing it to any serious or steady degree?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         What? Are you suggesting that one day, a day in the mystical future, I may no longer be writing? Gasp, this is inconceivable! At this moment, I cannot foresee such an occasion. I envision myself always writing. There is no shortage of people to portray, or scenery to describe, or situations to create. Subject matter abounds. Things happen and must be preserved.
         What could possibly stop, or prevent me from writing? Perhaps I'll develop some sort of dementia, but I'm not depending upon that. My maternal grandmother still tried her hand at creative writing when she was in her seventies. I see myself following in her path.
         The horrific, sad part is that if I lose my memory, I'm not going to remember any of my writing much less anything else. It will be as if it never existed, and I will not have an opinion of something lost/forgotten.
         Okay, okay, God forbid that I should cease to write, but if I did for whatever reason, I'd recall my efforts fondly and with pride. They are a part of me. I would also never regret the time I devoted to writing. It has kept me amused, and out of trouble.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920580-No-Longer-Writing-Inconceivable