*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920052-Rain-rain-go-away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920052 added September 9, 2017 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Rain, rain, go away
Creation Saturday! Explain (factually...or otherwise *Smirk*) why/how any common occurrence in nature actually happens. It can be pretty much anything you want, but it has to be real...the why/how part, however, doesn't have to be.
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         Okay, I suppose we've all been listening to the doom and gloom weather reports re the latest hurricane to wreak havoc. We complain about these occurrences and wish them away. It's a destructive side to nature, and a frightening one, too. We are reminded that we have no control. Understanding the origins of severe storms doesn't lessen their impact.
         Personally, I have never weathered a violent windstorm such as a tornado, or a hurricane. Most of the time, I persevere through blizzards, and the occasional thunderstorm. They are not comparable to what has happened and is happening in the Atlantic. My neck of the woods has experienced more rainfall than usual this summer. I'll admit, I have referred to the extra moisture as a monsoon, but only because I need a word that signifies torrential-like, non-stop , flooding-conditions precipitation.
         Being continually damp, does put a damper on one's mood and outdoor activities. I miss the frozen type of precipitation. It does not seep into a basement, or flow through roof shingles.
         So, how/why does the rain fall? Hmmm, perhaps it is tied in with leprechauns and rainbows? The wee mischievous folk do more than hide cauldrons of gold at the end of those rainbows. Besides painting, with brushes and waterproof paint, the colourful paths to their treasure, leprechauns enjoy a good water fight. They toss great pots of water at each other. Eventually, the porous clouds become sodden/waterlogged and they begin to leak. It's like squeezing a soaked sponge, the water has to go someplace.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920052-Rain-rain-go-away