*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920013-Gemini-Twins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920013 added April 26, 2018 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Gemini Twins?
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1866, the first recorded birth of sextuplets took place in Chicago, Illinois. Are there any instances of twins, triplets, or more in your family? In what ways do you think your life would be different if you were a twin (and if you are/were a twin, imagine how it'd be different if you weren't)?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         Well, yes, there are twins in my family, but I am not one of a matched pair. On my maternal side, there happen to be two sets of twins. Interestingly, both twosomes are boy and girl pairings. In each instance, the brother is blonde and blue-eyed while the sister is dark-haired with brown eyes. One set are my first cousins, and the other set are children of my mother's first cousin.
         I always fancied giving birth to twins. Having a son and a daughter in one pregnancy would've been like winning the birth lottery. A two for one deal saves time and effort. Each kid would've had an instant sibling. Imagine only having to prepare for one birthday celebration.
         I've never considered what my life could have been if I was a twin. It might have seemed a bit redundant because I am a Gemini according to my birthdate. If there had been a sibling-in-residence--sharing-the-same-womb-as-I-did, we would've shared the honour of being the first, and thereby the eldest, grandchildren on my maternal side. Perhaps, I would not have been the actual eldest... Maybe the other one would have been tagged with the family dog's name? It's quite possible that my parents may have conceived just the two of us as opposed to the reality of the four of us. Hmmm, less siblings? This may have correlated to more dessert, and less sharing.
         My Mother always blurted out the wrong name when she was feeling ill, or tired. Yes, being the firstborn should've earned me an exalted position and guaranteed that she at least recalled my given name, the name she gave to me. Alas, this was not the case. I have been referred to as Mark, Laurie, and Sherry at various times. With a twin, that would've narrowed the misnaming to only one other possibility. If I had an identical twin, this might've been understandable, expected even. Ack! My twin and I could conceivably have matching/mirror names like Sandy and Mandy, or worst, Sandy and Candy. Yes, yes, Randy also rhymes.
         I honestly don't know if looking like someone else is disconcerting, or comforting. What if my twin hated her colouring, yet I liked mine which was similar? Do I commiserate?

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920013-Gemini-Twins