*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917109-Rambunctious-in-Rio
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#917109 added August 8, 2017 at 8:02pm
Restrictions: None
Rambunctious in Rio?
Aug 8th- Breakfast THE VIEW RESTAURANT Located on the 4th floor of our hotel overlooking the ocean, this buffet restaurant serves Brazilian and international cuisine. Here, travelers can watch the sun rise over Copacabana beach while enjoying a delightful breakfast.
Rio de Janeiro Half-Day Walking Tour---After pickup from your Rio hotel at 1:00pm , follow your local guide on this engrossing tour of Old Rio.

Visit the Rio's most impressive church, Nossa Senhora de Cadelária, as well as the ornate São Bento Monastery to view its paintings and gilt carvings. Stop by Praça XV do Novembro, where Brazil's emperors were crowned in the 1800s and many other important historical events took place. View the Portuguese-style Paço Imperial (Imperial Palace), built for Brazil's rulers as a home and workplace in the 1700s. Enjoy engaging commentary from your local guide while you walk, and feel free to ask any questions about the history or culture of Brazil.

Continue your tour with a stroll down Uruguaiana Street, which takes you to the Metropolitan Cathedral and Carioca Square. Your tour concludes here, enjoy a ride back to your hotel.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d11447460-Rio_de_Jan...


Time for a quick clothing change and we’re off.
Ginga Tropical Show in Rio de Janeiro 5:30 pm we leave the hotel promptly. Brazilian Barbecue Dinner Sit down for a delicious buffet dinner, including a variety of barbecued meats, local specialties, seafood, and salads. Attend the Ginga Tropical Show, a dance and music that allows you to learn about Brazil's vibrant history and culture through its traditional music and dance. During this 90-minute presentation, see talented performers dance the lambada, samba and bossa nova dressed in outrageous Carnival costumes. Hear folklore from around the diverse country, live drumming and the Brazilian martial art: capoeira.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d12346770-Ginga_Trop...

I’ve made arrangements for dance lessons after the show back at our hotel in one of the conference rooms.

         DAY 8 and livin' la vida loca in Rio.... There's something about this vibrant city that produces smiles. My first grin spread across my face at this morning's breakie buffet. The food, the company, and the stunning vistas reminded me to count my blessings. Brilliant sunshine emphasized that spectacular azure of the ocean. My belly and my eyes both feasted. Did I mention the coffee is to die for?
          Ah, no complaints from me today. I savour the strolls through Rio. Its vitality is evident everywhere. It's so contagious! The people hum with joie de vivre.Oh, I learned something new from our fantastic guide. Rio de Janeiro means river of January supposedly because Portuguese explorers first discovered this tropical paradise in a January. All I ever find in that winter month is snow, and maybe some ice.
          The local architecture is stunning, and so suitably a part of Rio.
          I must confess that I really was anticipating this evening's entertainment, the Ginga Tropical show. It did not disappoint. The music of the lambada, the samba, and the bossa nova are so persuasive. Granted I am not as lithe and limber as the performers, but I shimmied and swayed in my chair. How do they move so gracefully with those elaborate headdresses? I don't even like hats! Each ornate head covering had to easily weigh several pounds. All those feathers, sequins and beads add up. I hope they are not stapled or glued to anyone's head! I'd be so aware of that thing balancing on my head, and attempting to flee. I'm fairly certain that I cannot take a few steps without moving my head somehow, whether I turn, or nod, or shake. Oh, I also need to see where I am placing my feet, I do not trust them at all.
         All of the costumes were works of art. Every bright colour of the rainbow was represented. Every dancer seemed to be bedazzled with millions of sequins and beads that sparkled and twinkled. Again, feathers were flaunted and flashed.
         What can I say about the capoeira, or martial arts? Impressive! The practitioners definitely displayed grace and strength.
          Supper was amazing. I do appreciate a tasty barbecue.
         Ah, Lyn's a Witchy Woman you outdid yourself with the arranged dance lessons back at our hotel. The expression "for shits and giggles" comes to my mind. Oh my hips and my brain were willing, seduced by that sexy, Latin rhythm. My knees and feet had other plans that did not include anything remotely graceful. I enjoyed laughter though! All of us cut a rug. We were trying to trip the light fantastic. 💙 Carly , Kit , Sally , Kåre Enga in Montana , Spacecat , Apondia , Jellyfish ,Dragon is hiding , BlueMoon , and I were left breathless by our determined efforts. Most of the time, we dissolved into giggles. Strutting our stuff, or putting our best feet forward was a lot of fun. Don't discount us though. We're bringin' sexy back... one errant hip thrust at a time...


© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917109-Rambunctious-in-Rio