*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914972-Mosquito-deleto
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#914972 added July 8, 2017 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
'Mosquito-deleto'
PROMPT: Creation Saturday! You've discovered a new (animal. plant, alien, or other) species, and...
         Didn't Dr. Seuss write about this? He created a boy who wished he had animal attributes such as a duck's feet, or an elephant's trunk.
          I'd want to discover a super creature, or plant that attracted bloodthirsty mosquitos instead of me. Where is it written, or etched that a mosquito simply must dine on human blood? The bite is so irritating, and itchy! It's not for nothing that this irksome creature is known as a bug. It is the pest of pestilence.
         Hmm,,,, does the Venus Flycatcher have a plant cousin that could develop an appetite for the skeeter? The 'Skeetereater'? The 'Mosquito-deleto'? If only entomology and botany would consider a liason....
          This wonder weed could thrive anywhere in the world. Imagine fields, and green houses devoted to this plant.
         Perhaps spiders could weave webs that not only trap mosquitos, but zaps them, too. Yes, an electric web. The fine filaments resemble wire already.
          I apologize... I'm camping, and the skeeters are a wee bit too friendly. The groundhog sheltering under my trailer is a quiet room mate. He only appears to sunbathe and graze in the early mornings. Chipmunks scamper and frolic constantly. They have energy to spare. The flying squirrel squatter in my super shed seems to be in no hurry to vacate. Yesterday, as I puttered in the shed, she silently and swiftly popped out from inside a helmet. All I remember is a flash of bright eyes, whiskers, and a waving tail. From now on I shall knock on the door to warn her. I haven't espied the porcupine lately. The rotund raccoon waddles over now and again.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914972-Mosquito-deleto