*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914760-Family-BBQ
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#914760 added July 4, 2017 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Family BBQ
July 4th... Talk Tuesday! Tell us what your ideal picnic or barbecue would consist of. Settings, food, friends (if applicable), activities, etc.
          Raucous and rowdy family barbecues are the best! For my fantasy get-together, all of the relatives, from near and far, would gather. Imagine the distant kin, currently living scattered around the globe, and those who I've yet to meet. Many have materialized as the result of genealogical searches. A few are cousins; first removed, twice removed, whatever. I'd invite the family of both my maternal and paternal lineages.
         Our pow-wow, or summit, or congregation would be larger than a mob, so, I'm thinking we should convene at one of Canada's many national parks. The gorgeous scenery would offset the embarrassing staring. Of course, it would make a fantastic backdrop for the inevitable group photos, too. Between gabbing, chin-wagging, and reminiscing, we might hike, swim, canoe, and more.
         Since we'd all be much too busy reconnecting to bother ourselves with the mundane necessity of cooking and cleaning, I'd hire a few top-notch chefs to handle the food. Nothing but a spectacular smorgasbord would suffice. We like any and all things edible. My only stipulation would be that desserts are a necessity. Most of my known kin have sweet 'tooths'.
         Hmm, games/activities? Perhaps, we could amuse ourselves with several rounds of Family History Trivia. Or could we attempt Name That Ancestor? A brisk, competitive hour of Pictionary might prove entertaining. What's Yours Like should get the blood pumping, and the laughs flowing. There are so many relays that utilize water, balloons, etc.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914760-Family-BBQ