*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914152-From-Sadness-to-Victory
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#914152 added June 26, 2017 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
From Sadness to Victory
Prompt: From the subject line of an Amazon Review: “Not Every Sadness Yields Defeat”
What do you make of these words?


===================


If people believe they are given a choice in life after a tragedy, they may decide to honor that choice and change from mourning for their tragedy to reaching out for triumph. It isn’t that a deep sorrow will go away at the drop of a hat or just because they decided to work toward victory since sorrows, especially the deeper ones, have a way of lingering and haunting people.

Yet, despite the pain in one’s soul and tears in his eyes, a human being can emerge victorious if he fights against his circumstances. Insisting on staying inside one’s sadness and grieving over past or present events, people, or lost things is a selfish decision, and in that vein, a selfish existence is a waste. Mostly, choice controls what one can do, instead of fate, circumstances, or other people.

Granted, sadness is as strong an emotion as anger, love, hate, and other fierce feelings. Yet, unlike other powerful emotions, sadness keeps on hanging over the person like a dense fog. It is also accompanied by feelings of loneliness and lethargy.

When sadness doesn’t go away and prevents a person from living his life with a productive attitude, it is a good idea to find a way of fighting it. That way is hope, and hope could be a friend or a therapist with a good ear or a belief system that consoles or putting oneself to work by helping others or taking up an engrossing interest in something like further education or a hobby. In short, when sadness hits, people must never forget that there is always hope and there is always a choice.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914152-From-Sadness-to-Victory