*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913252-Riveted-In-Riverside
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#913252 added July 2, 2017 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Riveted In Riverside!
Date: Week of June 12th

Locale:  Riverside, California

         Well, I'm in a new location.  New city, but not really a new location for me.  I've been to Southern California many times.  I taught a class in Corona (just west of here) the week that Michael Jackson died.  I've also been in San Bernardino County for a class, and as you might guess, all over the Los Angeles area.  But it's my first time in Riverside, and it's hot.


         It's another three day class, but different subject than my last entry from Toronto.  Everything has gone well so far, but I have to say I'm amazed at what this customer had before buying this new system.  Imagine having a home phone.  No, not a cell phone, not even a cordless phone.  Just a typical phone with a rotary dial.  No answering machine, no listening to voice mail, etc.  Not even caller ID.  Imagine that overnight your phone is removed from the house, and you're given a cell phone, not just a cell phone, but a smart phone.  If you remember those old phones, and look at the new cell phones, you'll have a small idea of what this customer had, and what they have now.  I won't bore you with the technical details, but that's really what they had.  Their old radio system was over 35 years old, and very limited.  The new one is the newest (though smallest) offering we have in radio systems.

         I can't be in the LA area, and not try to visit with Annette .  We will meet a little after lunch tomorrow and chat a little, most likely about WDC, just like last time.  I just hope we don't bore her sons too much....  Tomorrow night, I may venture into the Hollywood area, we'll see how tired I am, or what kind of mindset I'm in.  Would love to get a nice shot of the Hollywood Sign, but it's hard to find a good spot to snap a photo.  When I was here once, my customer offered to take me to the sign, and we were all set to go.  Started up the restricted road, and found it washed out.  So we didn't get there of course.  And with LA being such a small town, there's not much else to see around here, is there....  (Do you hear the sarcasm in my words?)



Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Market Broiler    https://www.marketbroiler.com/  While this is a very nice restaurant, with excellent food, I have to say I was a little disappointed.  Not in the food quality or service.  Quantity.  Quantity as in TOO MUCH.  I thought I'd have an appetizer I love, Oysters Rockefeller.  Only four on the order, so no problem, right?  Except it seems that my oysters were on Steroids.  Add to it a large amount of Spinach, topped with cheese, and you have a meal, not an appetizer.  I couldn't finish all four, not to mention my meal.  It seems I'd have needed a knife and fork for the oysters, they were that big.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7c662d_df254d0fe133495da33347b437a8c689.pdf



         Wicks Brewing  wicksbrewing.com    I love dining at Pubs, love Pub food.  The main reason is because they tend to not be fancy, just good, down to earth food.  Here I had their Ceviche for an appetizer.  And like the Market Broiler, it was huge.  Take a soup bowl, fill it with fresh Ceviche, and call it an appetizer.  Serve with chips spiced with quite a bit of pepper.  I managed to eat half before having to stop so I would have room for the pulled pork sliders.  Everything was good, don't get me wrong.  Just far too much for one person to eat at one sitting.



         I'll be in beautiful Amarillo Texas next week.  I'm going to drive there since this class came up suddenly.  After the class is done, I will drive west four hours to once again visit my brother.  His doctor visit last week did  not yield good news.  His time is short, so I will visit every chance I get.  I'll be back in Amarillo in late July.  I just hope his time hasn't come by that point, but I know he's close.

         Til next time, y'all stay cool in the coming heat.  Supposed to be over 100 here in Riverside tomorrow.  Thank God I'll be on the coast by mid-day, and much cooler.  Take care of yourselves, be healthy, be happy, and write more so I can review at my 'slow' pace.

© Copyright 2017 Sum1 Is Home! (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 Is Home! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913252-Riveted-In-Riverside