*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913075-Family-Trauma
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#913075 added June 11, 2017 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Family Trauma
         My niece's husband, around 32 or 33, had a heart attack while driving Thursday, with both kids in the truck. The kids are okay. He has not waked up as of Sunday night. He was healthy with no symptoms. He's been clearing land to make a small farm, but had just made an offer on a slightly larger farm, contingent on the sale of the current property the day before the accident.

         Thank goodness for functioning carseats and that the kids were properly belted in. They are ages 18 months and three going on four. They have no idea what they went through. They are currently staying with their aunt and three cousins, so they're having a great time. This younger niece is very calm and keeps good control of all the kids. She had just been out to help clean the house for viewing by buyers.

         He hasn't been able to tell anyone his version of it, but the police claimed they responded quickly, having someone in the area already. He had the presence of mind to steer off the road and brake a little, because he ended up on the shoulder against the guard rail. Someone saw it happen and called it in, but kept on going.

         My niece won't leave his side and needs rest. His mother, brother and sister have come in from several hours away. She could take shifts with them, but so far, not. The brain scans and tests show that he has brain activity and responds to stimuli. He was iced down at first, but once all organs were stabilized and his blood pressure was normal, they warmed him up again, but he still is not responding.

         He's been a part of my family for over ten years now. This is devastating to all of us. I worry about the kids, my niece, and my brother, too. He's recovering from cancer. This is very stressful for him and tiring. He's too young to retire, but he is taking off for at least a few days. He's cutting their grass and tending to their dog. He's spending a lot of time at the hospital and with the grandchildren.

         I pray that God will watch over all of them and give them courage.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913075-Family-Trauma