*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912860-Poetry-writing
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#912860 added June 9, 2017 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
Poetry writing
I just entered Eyestar’s poetry contest. I had fun doing it. The prompt was to compose a poem about the untypical dragon. I chose a hydra. My poem was twenty-four lines long. I don’t think I’ll get first place because there was this excellent prose piece that is the best I’ve seen of the other entries. I’m hoping for 2nd place. Speaking of contests, I won first place in a story contest. The prize was an awardicon and a 10k GPs. Not bad. There are three other contests I want to enter: the WdC Inspiration Quotation challenge, the Verdant Poetry Contest, and Elizabeth’s’ Poetry and Short Story Contest.
Some chick just showed up at the door giving me her pest control service spiel. I just humored her and said I would get back to her. He, he. She was pretty cute though. If I was younger I would have asked her if she was single.
So after this, I will do some reading. I need to get back in the habit of doing some each day. The Three Prompts for June has not been posted yet. I’m going to ask Matt about that.
I posted my mini-contest in the HUB a few hours ago. I hope I get more than one entry. The last time I got none. The time before that I got one entry. I just gave the prizes to that one contestant as a default winner. A few days ago, someone asked if one of my older contests was open. So I think I will have at least one sure entry. The majority of the FSFS members are just dead weight. They don’t comment on the HUB or take place in contests.
I hit the PS3 for about ten minutes then Jim came home. I pulled by Bluetooth headset receiver to the side of the TV in place of the TV headphones. I was going to play it when Jim let for work to his other job. I was compelled otherwise. Maybe tomorrow.
I texted Gio and eh seems to be in a grumpy mood. I asked him what was up and he basically said “Thanks for checking up on me. Bye.” I’ll hit him up at 8pm.
Yesterday I picked up an 18.25 oz. of Whitman’s assorted chocolates on sale for $4.99. Normally it is ten bucks! I got steal. I must keep them hidden from my mom or she’ll eat them all. lol. She is watching one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
I’ll definitely be going to church on both days of the week. I missed the fellowship. I hit Ricky up and he was having dinner with the fam. I’ll text him at 8pm as well.
Well, that is it for me. Goodbye.



© Copyright 2017 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912860-Poetry-writing