*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912629-The-Wound-Of-Not-Knowing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#912629 added June 6, 2017 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
The Wound Of Not Knowing
Blog City - 1180

β€œThe wound of not knowing," Ga said to her. "That's the one that never heals".”
Adam Johnson, The Orphan Master's Son
Is there something that bothers you because you know that you don’t have the whole story or have you ever created a character who was wounded by not knowing?

This has me thinking about adoption and how not knowing the 'why' and the circumstances of your being given up come into play. Two of my cousins are adopted. They are from Guatemala, form two different tribes in that region. They are both beautiful people - inside and out. Sammy is more laid back with a friendly, kind disposition. Alex is not afraid to share her opinion to her family and has her own strength whether she knows it or not. The thing is, Sammy knows more of his history. His family wanted to know he was safe and happy. Alex's family did not care to know.... and that is their loss, as far as I am concerned. I know this 'not knowing' bothers her and presses on her. I believe it truly is a wound that will hurt her sensitive side for a long time into the future. It may never fully go away. I just hope she knows we love her. She is a treasure and I am proud to call her my cousin.... and Sammy too. They are both young, but I think this aspect is like a scar, healed, but never gone.


© Copyright 2017 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912629-The-Wound-Of-Not-Knowing