*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912101-Midweek-Reflections-on-Dumpster-Divers-and-May
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#912101 added May 31, 2017 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Dumpster Divers and May
Wednesday, May 31, 2017

“Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we've ever met.”
Marguerite Duras

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1174
If you could spend happy hours looking at a person's book case and their grocery cart, you would get a good idea of who they are. Do you agree? Write what you want about this.

Time Traveling Archaeologists

Looking in a person's private library or grocery cart will give you some idea of who the person is, but I think you get a better idea of them when you go through their trash or garbage. Many people laugh at the homeless and disenfranchised who go dumpster diving for aluminum cans or other recyclables. Most people think they are just looking for extra money to pay for meds, a place to sleep, or a few minutes with the local hooker. Other people may think they are either FBI or CIA agents looking for evidence to convict them. No one ever considers that the dumpster divers may be time traveling archaeologists looking for artifacts.


Archaeologists from the future looking for evidence concerning the way we feel about global warming or some other problem of modern society. Archaeologists know that you can tell a lot about a civilization by going through its garbage dumps or trash can. So the next time you throw away a plastic bottle or aluminum can be careful because the next dumpster diver you see may be an archaeologist from the future investigating, what we call, modern civilization.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1658
Besides flowers what is the best thing about May?

May

May is for memories
And a prayer for Mama's soul,
Yearning to hear her voice again.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912101-Midweek-Reflections-on-Dumpster-Divers-and-May