*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912059-Healing
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#912059 added May 30, 2017 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Healing
Healing takes time on so many different levels.
I came to Erie with nothing but questions. I decided I came here to die, because I could think of no reason to be in a place that was so depressed and seemed to have no potential. I came to Erie because my wife was from Erie and needed to get back.

This meant I left behind my kids and grandkids in Kansas City and spurn my hope of going back to my birthplace to be with my brothers and sisters in Massachusetts. It felt like a prayer that God was not going to answer.
Much has happened since I decided to tune into what God's prayer for me was all about.
I ended up in senior citizen housing. I was no more than a two miles from the church I attend as a member. At this same church I joyfully sang in my first ever cantata.
Soon after I met a man in Edinboro who I continue to work with. We reflect God's image. He is outwardly disabled and very beautiful on the inside. I am broken and feel ugly on the inside despite caring gifts I offer. We are both devoted Christians. He calls me "pastor".
If that were not enough I was hired in November by a contractor to work for a place called Erie home for Children and Adults. I served as Team Lead, making as much as I ever made financially and I loved the work. The place is no more than one half mile from where I live. In April I was hired on as permanent staff.
In the midst of all this I have been suffering with asthma. It has been that way for two months. I know only to trust God. God who has began a good work will complete what had once been a dream. I will fully awake and realize that only God could have caused this to happen. Even at this moment I embrace the fact God's grace is magnified in my weakness. Praise God for a prayer that was answered, God's prayer for me!!

© Copyright 2017 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912059-Healing