*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911987-Something-Rotten
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#911987 added May 29, 2017 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Something Rotten
         The problem with cooking shellfish in your home is that the odor lingers and lingers. Fish smells go away in 24 hours when properly cleaned. This smell of mussels and clams is hanging on. There's a pine scented candle burning in the bathroom down the hall. A lemonade scented candle is burning in the living room. A coconut candle is burning in the kitchen. Upon returning indoors from the fresh outside scent, I was hit with a mixture of perfumes and stink!

         The trash was removed yesterday. The dishes were washed, the pots were scrubbed, the sink scoured. The floors have been mopped. But that odor just won't leave. The doors have been opened front and back. It's too chilly today to leave the windows open, especially with all us pollen sufferers inside. So our noses are adapting to the smell as long as we're here, but when leaving, our noses go back to normal. so when we come back, our senses are offended again. I hope we don't have company for a few more days.

         By the way, I can't remember what lemonade smells like, but the lemonade candle doesn't have much fragrance. The coconut candle doesn't smell as strong as suntan lotion. Now the pine candle smells as expected. None of them cover up seafood.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911987-Something-Rotten