*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910709-Motivational-Monday-My-Best-Punch-Roses--and-Growing-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#910709 added May 8, 2017 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: My Best Punch, Roses, and Growing Up
Monday, May 8, 2017

Goals for the week of May 8-12, 2017

*Box* Finish fantasy newsletter due 55/15/17.
*Box* Review at least 4 items a day with at least one written by a newbie.
*Box* Finish Comma Sense assignments before 5/11/17.
*Box* Enter at least one contest.
*Box* Make at least 3 posts in my offsite blog.
*Box* Attempt to keep up with whatever else I have to do this week while keeping a positive attitude.

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
The late comedian Don Rickles, born on this day back in 1926, once said "You throw your best punch; otherwise, don't do it." How do you get through writing something on the days when your best punches aren't working for you?

Throwing My Best Punch

Throwing my best punch begins with placing any and all situations in God's hands. It's easier to roll with life's punches when you have divine help. I long ago realized that the only thing I'm in control of is my emotional reaction to the punches life sends my way. This way I can continue to write without letting the interruptions or punches get to me or keep me from accomplishing something during the day.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1635
"Have you seen the roses? There's a whole lot of colours." Syd Barrett Write about the color of roses?

The Colors of Roses

Humanity
in all of its beauty
roses in the garden of Earth.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1151
What are some of the things they told you at home and at school that sounded good and wholesome when you were growing up, but you found out they didn’t really work for you in your life?

Growing Up

I was born and raised in Twentieth Century Middle America. I grew up in a small Oklahoma town that was close to the Kansas boarder. There was very little or no diversity of any type in Blackwell at that time. I went to an all white school. I attended an all white Southern Baptist church. I played and socialized with my all white friends. I suspect I learned a lot of things that, on the surface, appeared "good and wholesome" at the time. Many of those things I have since learned don't work for me because I now live in a multicultural society.


I have grown up;
I have moved beyond the barriers
that once imprisoned me in a false sense of security.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910709-Motivational-Monday-My-Best-Punch-Roses--and-Growing-Up