*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910567-Everything-nice-How-Boring
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#910567 added May 6, 2017 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
Everything nice? How Boring!
Prompt: "I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it's always June." Lucy Maud Montgomery

==============

Anne of Green Gables is a book or rather series of books I didn’t read when I was young because everybody was reading it and it felt like “so commonplace” since I was a teen with an attitude *Headbang*. Instead, I read it after I turned 70. *Rolling* Go figure!

This quote is from Anne of the Island when Anne is in college. Being that she always had a straight head on her shoulders and she saw life from a fair but positive stance, this quote might mean a poignant wish to have everything perfect in life, which isn’t logical. In the love department, during her young adult years, Anne wasn't so great as she was in childhood, I thought, and this wish might have been the result of that.

If everything was like a day in June, being human, we would get tired of it in a few days. Even in a decent fictional story, a good conflict makes the story. Because of that conflict, people learn about themselves and about life and the goals they reach, and the experiences they go through give them a deeper insight.

Would I like to be in a world where everything is like a June day, always? No; however, I would like to live in a world where there are no wars or the threat of them between countries, so the people can focus on loving and living with each other and dealing with, enjoying, and nurturing nature, as there is enough conflict in nature to spice up our everyday lives.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910567-Everything-nice-How-Boring