*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910456-The-National-Day-of-Prayer
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#910456 added May 4, 2017 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
The National Day of Prayer
For more than thirty years now the first Thursday in May has been designated as The National Day of Prayer in the United States of America.

Many citizens of the United States believe that God exists and that He still operates in the affairs of Humanity. Even though we may not all agree, regarding the "How" and the "Why" of His operations in Human Society, we consistently believe that He has the ability and the motivation to operate in some way. We ask Him for His Help as a group of people together on The National Day of Prayer.

It is understandable that not all humans believe in the existence of God. Yet, I know of few humans, who believe that they have the ability to accomplish everything that needs to be accomplished in life without any help from all other souls.

Prayer may seem to some as just a mystical attempt to communicate beyond human words and outside of the human realm. However, in its simplest form Prayer is a conversation with someone other than oneself that may include requests as well as praise and thanks for help that has been offered and given.

A nation that is as large as the United States of America (as well as any nation of any size) needs Divine Assistance (or "The Help of Providence" as our Founding Fathers expressed it.)

Even those who do not believe in God still believe in the need of a strong individual, who can be a leader of the nation as a whole on the path to the greatest Good.

The main point to this entire discussion is the fact that none of us can live life alone. Who has your greatest trust? This is the one to whom you "pray."

Christians believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the One, Who is worthy of our greatest trust.

Jesus, the Christ, is the One to Whom I pray. (Nahum 1:7)


by Jay O'Toole
on May 4th, 2017


Here is yet another way for me to sign my name!

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910456-The-National-Day-of-Prayer