*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910040-Nightmares-and-Blues
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#910040 added April 28, 2017 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
Nightmares and Blues
Describe the worst nightmare you've ever had. Did it re-occur more than once?

===============

During the years starting with 1993, I began doing some dream work, which meant I was writing my dreams down into a notebook when and if I woke up after a dream.
I had one dream that could be called a nightmare, which in a weird way came true, years later. I now realize it was a nightmare of some sort. I’ll type it up, here.

1/5/1994
Wednesday

We are living in a big building in NYC. The building’s façade is of gray stone. My husband is away on business and I am feeding my two sons who are children (At this time, in real life, they were in their twenties). Then, I look out of the window and see a huge airplane circling above with gray clouds of smoke coming out of it. The sky turns gray, too. Then the airplane goes away and I think we are finally safe and go inside. The next second my older son calls me to the window. “The plane is above us,” he says. I look up but I only see a part of the plane, which was on top of our building.

I make the kids put their coats on and we leave the building. Just when we are exiting, an alarm rings. Hordes of people are on the streets, escaping from the plane. We go into a side street and stand on gray cement in front of another building. There we see the plane. It is a huge one.

Then another plane shows up about to hit a building. On top of it USA warplanes start circling, but they cannot help. The second plane hits a building and the first big one is standing on top of another tall thin building, although it hasn’t hit yet but it is kind of standing on it.

People are screaming. We think the building will collapse under the weight of the big plane. I urge everyone move to an opening like a large field so we will all be safe from the gray smoke and the debris. At this time, the large plane hits the left side of the building, making stones rain on us. My kids are both screaming. We all start running, and I manage to keep my kids safe, but the older one runs in front of me and a stone hits him in the back. But he seems okay.

Someone has called my husband and he is waiting for us in a restaurant. He keeps eating while scolding me for leaving the apartment without taking my purse and important documents because the building is about to collapse and we have important papers inside. I am upset that my husband doesn’t recognize what I did and doesn’t even mention how I urged people to find safety on the field or how I kept our kids safe. He just keeps eating food and getting mad at me.


Now, this was the first dream. Very long but I wrote it down during the early dawn as noted on the side of the page that it is the early dawn. I had similar dreams like it, later, involving airplanes hitting buildings and NYC. In all of them, my older son was in the dream. I didn’t make much of those, until 9/11 happened, years later, when my older son was working in NYC, downtown, commuting from LI.

That day, he was caught in the human flood and had to walk toward the north of the city. When the planes hit around nine-fifteen in the morning, he was just walking out of Penn Station. Had he decided to get to work earlier, he’d have been in that uproar.

After 9/11, I stopped doing the dream work since I had other dreams, too, that were halfway correct and something like them did happen in real life later on.

I am not the kind of person who believes in weird stuff. This all could have been my mind weighing all the possibilities, behind my back, and giving them to me in dreams, but whether there is such a thing as dreams being warnings about the future or it is that clown of my mind instigating such stuff, I don’t want to know about events beforehand, So I am not writing dreams down anymore, but sometimes, I tell them to my husband, in an abridged form, of course.


@@@@@@@@@@@@



Prompt: "Oh! Darkly, deeply, beautifully blue. As someone somewhere sings about the sky." Lord Bryon Write anything you want about the color blue.

=========

Most anyone I know likes blue as a color. It is the favorite color for some of us, although I have grown to like lavender and purple better in my old age.

Nature’s favorite color is blue, too. Blues are the colors of sadness, denims, the logos of many corporations, and flags of about 53% of the countries. Blue is the water and the sky, as it is a cool, wet color.

Blue’s being the most common favorite color may have to do with the sky being blue, which implies infinity, spiritual stuff, peace, and serenity. It may also have to do with it being the color of the ocean implying cleanliness, strength, and coolness. That may be why blues emit a sense of trust, loyalty, understanding and cleanliness. People who dress to impress usually choose dark blue suits maybe because aristocracy means being blue-blooded.

Then Greeks and people of the Middle East and the surrounding areas believe that the color blue wards off the evil eyes.

Plus, for the Cinderellas among us, Prince Charming is called the Blue Prince in some places in Europe. Then whoever likes art must also recall Sir Thomas Gainsborough’s painting, The Blue Boy. now in the Huntington Library, San Marino, California. Come to thnk of it, I wonder if that blue boy could be the original Prince Charming.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910040-Nightmares-and-Blues