*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909844-Reality-Show
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#909844 added April 25, 2017 at 1:14pm
Restrictions: None
Reality Show
         I have a new TV favorite. Sometimes they go away, so this one might, too. Sometimes they linger on. For example, I was fascinated the first 2 or 3 years with America's Got Talent. Then I hated it, can't stand to watch it any more. The first few seasons of The Voice I was enchanted. I loved watching the singers being groomed and progressing on their journey. I would have my favorites. I even developed a little crush on Adam Levine, way too young for me. But then I started hating that. It's more about the judges now, not the contestants.

         Grimm, on the other hand, was one that I became more entranced with as time went by. Same with Desperate Housewives and House. I can still watch reruns of Andy Griffith, M*A*S*H*, Seinfield, and any old western. At the time they were made, I loved Designing Women, The Golden Girls, and Murphy Brown. Now I can't change the channel fast enough.

         Of the current shows, I like Man With A Plan, starring Matt LeBlanc. I also like American Housewife. The one thing I've noticed about all these is that all the characters are believable. The women are not beauty queens, but are attractive, very real, believable women. The characters are modern and reflect our current culture. Neither show delivers a long string of one-liners, like Two Broke Girls, which is just plain disgusting on occasion. There's no real dialog in that show.

         Kevin Can Wait is pretty much the same old character, vintage Kevin James, but with an English guy living in his garage. It's entertaining enough, but nothing we haven't seen before. I don't care for the shows with overriding political perspectives. I don't need their preaching or their dumbing down their liberal viewpoints to make them seem like the right way to live.

         My new fascination, the one show I really want to see, is one called First Dates. They match people up and send them to a redesigned romantic restaurant in Chicago and film everything on the blind dates. They interview them afterward to see if they want to go out again. So far, I have agreed with all the ones who said no. I've been surprised by some of the yes answers. If you haven't seen it, it might be worth a viewing. The couples are all races and ages. One cute young guy had a prosthetic leg, but still runs marathons. That wasn't the deal breaker, but the fact that he owned a cat turned the girl against him. They were getting along great until she found out about that. The show is kind of fresh, despite being another match making reality show. It's not as contrived as other shows. I've enjoyed it so far. Who knows how long that will last?

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909844-Reality-Show